PDA

View Full Version : Need some help determining sex

RZL36
09-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Well I've been trying to get the garter to stay still for one second and they can't. If I had a real camera at my disposal I might have a chance to get a picture of the cloacal region. Can someone please post a female and a male side by side so I can make the determination quickly?

If I had a better camera it would be so much easier.

Also, do anyone's garters appear to be on speed? Mine are constantly going nuts (that's why I like them), but since the day I got them, they don't like being touched. I tried forever to get them to calm down, but no amount of handling seems to do the trick. I kinda like them better this way anyway, but does anyone else have this problem? When I look at all the pictures of these well behaved garters, I get so embarrassed because I got the bad kids who are screaming in the store:o.

Thanks in advance,
RD

Lulu Bennett
09-18-2007, 06:19 PM
pmsl. i got some tetras off Gijs and Sabine a month or two ago and i swear down they put something in their food because they are never still unless eating or sleeping...scrap that just sleeping lol soooooo cute though. i still dont know which is male or female though

Elliot
09-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Some garters just don't ever adjust to handling. Both my baby maritimes and one of my ribbons will not tolerate handling at all, but I guess that's fine because the only one I eer try to handle is my big female ribbon.

RZL36
09-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I wonder if it has something to do with the sex of the species. I think I got guys and they are crazy. As soon as they bump in to each other they bolt. They are just so curious. The more I've been on this forum, the more attention I pay to them and the more I love them. A sincere thanks.

I have to get a pair of similis and infernalis and breed them. Then breed them with the sirtalis. Hell, I just want to propagate the species. Anyone got any extras at the Hamburg show, just let me know.

Anyone got any tips on hiding snakes from disapproving significant others?

Thanks,
RD