PDA

View Full Version : hello,just introducing ourselves Rob & Amy Zerkle

arzerkle
09-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Hello We are reptile enthusiasts and breeders in central ohio.We are currently keeping oregon red sides ,puget sounds , red stripe wanderings as well as albino and het checkered garters.We have been breeding Asian elaphe for well over 20 years incuding Elaphe ridleyi, Elaphe moquardi, Elaphe taeniura het & albino , E. t.freesia , Elaphe carinata het & albino .We produce mnay of these each season. We also breed many color variants of cornsnakes ie blizzards, anerytheristic & hypo reds. We have a massive trio of red tegus 1.2-which produced 22 eggs last season. I keep terrestrial pancake torts 2.2 and russians torts 2.4 .We have 6 of the 3 stripe- mud turtles and are incubating eggs. I have 2 pet tiger sallamanders and 3 carniviourous frogs-1 ceratophyrs ornata and c.cranwelli and a huge african pyxicephalus adsperesus frog . We also have a spynx cat and a huge Staffordshire terrier dog, in addition to 3 kids and a tropical fish collection.::grin:: yes it is a rewarding and enriching hobby /career.We attend many of the reptile shows as vendors including the Daytona International breeder show every yr since it began , Hamburg PA , Columbus and Cleveland Oh.Rob has been a speaker at the Eshl conference- eastern seaboard league of herpetologists as well and many clubs in Oh Ky and Indiana on snake & tortoise breeding and husbandry techniques. We are happy to find a forum of other garter folks since we feel they are overlooked and unappreciated.
Kindest Regards Amy Zerkle

adamanteus
09-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi Amy, and welcome to the forum, to yourself and Rob.:) I would love to see pictures of the Red Tegus.

RZL36
09-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Welcome folks.

All the folks here have been very kind to me.

Were you guys selling garters at the Hamburg show? I think I might have saw you guys there, if you were.

Rich Davis

arzerkle
09-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi Rich thank you for the welcome! Yes were in Hamburg i had my adult female alb checkered and her 44 babies(4 alb and 40 hets!)-as well as my pugets and red sided.If you come to hamburg in Oct please stop by our tables say hello:)
Kindest Regards Amy

RZL36
09-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Cool, I will be there and will stop by. What do you plan on bringing? I gotta get out in front of these things.

Lori P
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi Amy and welcome!! This is a really nice group. You sound like you have quite an awesome assortment of critters there!! We like pics-- lots & lots of pics-- :-)
Lori

Snaky
09-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the forum, sounds like a big collection you have there. Enjoy it here:)

enigma200316
09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
welcome to the forum...................:)

ssssnakeluvr
09-17-2007, 05:08 PM
welcome to the forum!! red striped wanderings??? I would like to see that!! You didn't by chance by those from an add on kingsnake a while back did you??? those were northwesterns and not wanderings. Post pics....we love pics on here!! :D

Lulu Bennett
09-17-2007, 05:45 PM
hi Amy and Rob,
Welcome to the forum the pair of you and i am sure you will love it here. Dont be shy! Post as many pics of all your animals :D and if by any chance you need help with anything then just ask and i am sure someone will be able to help. but most of all...Enjoy yourself!!!

Odie
09-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi, from Oregon, Rob & Amy :)

arzerkle
09-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone that replied to our post!
We look forward to being members of this group.!
Amy

enigma200316
09-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone that replied to our post!
We look forward to being members of this group.!
Amy

we're glad your apart of it and its more like an extended family.......:)

zooplan
09-17-2007, 10:28 PM
welcome to the forum
enjoy it like me:)

Stefan-A
09-18-2007, 03:24 AM
Welcome aboard, Rob and Amy. :)

KITKAT
09-18-2007, 08:55 PM
HEY AMY!

Welcome to the garter forum, from sunny Columbus, Ohio!

I think I have talked to you at the UAW hall show once or twice... or maybe it was by email... I dunno!:o

drache
09-19-2007, 05:43 AM
hi Amy and Rob
welcome to the forum
nice collection of critters . . .

GarterGuy
09-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Howdy and welcome to the forum Amy and Rob. So you guys do Hamburg? Did you have the table with the Pugets, Oregon Redsideds and albino checkereds? I think I may have bought my Pugets from you at the Aug. show.

Roy

Thamnophis
09-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Welcome here, Amy & Rob. Good to have you on the forum.