PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to this site.

Sid
11-05-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm new here, but wanted to say the site is great.

sidguppy
11-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Hi Sid

welcome

Sid ;)

abcat1993
11-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi sid, welcome to the forum.
be sure to upload your pictures to the Photo gallery, we all love pictures :D

Stefan-A
11-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Welcome aboard.

Cazador
11-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Whew, another U.S flag :). They were becoming pretty scarce for a while ;). There's a great variety of people from all around the world here with a wide range of experience. I'm sure you'll love it.
Rick

Gijs & Sabine
11-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi Sid, welcome here. I hope you like this forum as much as we do:)

Sabine & Gijs

jasuncle1972
11-07-2006, 06:09 AM
hello all. I found this site doing a search.I live in western michigan near lake michigan

Boots
11-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm new here, but wanted to say the site is great.

Hi Sid, welcome to the forum. If you have any questions please let me know.

Jason

Boots
11-07-2006, 09:02 AM
hello all. I found this site doing a search.I live in western michigan near lake michigan

I am glad you found our little spot on the internet. Welcome.

Jason

felicianolis
11-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Welcome!!! ;-D

Thamnophis
11-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Hi Sid, welcme on this rapidly growing forum.

jasuncle1972
11-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Just to add to my previous post,My cat found my snake. having never kept or read up on reptiles, I took deeds( snakes name) to work to find out what she was.I found out , but it took me 4wks. to figure what she ate or would eat, small fish.I tried a pinky,a live mouse w/supervision, crickets, still wouldn't eat. Last week I tried a pinky in her water with fish,she ate it I'm gonne try less fish and more pinkys.More calcium? Does anyone have/ keep a texas black necked garter? I've seen pics, they nice. By the way my name is joseph

Cazador
11-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi Joseph,
Keep an eye out for black (melanistic) garters as you're out herping near the Great Lakes. They're highly prized and very useful in breeding programs. Ohio is sort of well known for their melanistic garters, but you might find them in Michigan as well. Congrats on the success with the pinkie.
Rick

ssssnakeluvr
11-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Scott Felzer keeps and breeds eastern blackneck garters..... check out his site...

Scott Felzer's Garter Snakes, specializing in aberrant garters (http://www.albinogartersnake.com/home.html)

KITKAT
11-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Gotta be careful where and how you collect in Ohio! T. sirtalis and T. sirtalis butleri, require a license and have a limit of four WC herps total... and T. radix MAY NOT BE KEPT IN OHIO, as it is considered endangered here. Under this license, you may own as many CB natives as you wish, but again, T. radix is illegal to own.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/PDF/pub03.pdf

Check with your Fish and Wildlife office for regulations in other states!

Hi Joseph,
Keep an eye out for black (melanistic) garters as you're out herping near the Great Lakes. They're highly prized and very useful in breeding programs. Ohio is sort of well known for their melanistic garters, but you might find them in Michigan as well. Congrats on the success with the pinkie.
Rick

Cazador
11-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Good advise, Kitkat. Glad you're here. Ohio's laws are interesting in that they require a propagation license, not just a fishing license. They also seem to be friendly about it, giving everyone up to 10 days AFTER they collect the herp to purchase their license. Sort of relies on the honor system, which I really like :).

Thamnophis
11-12-2006, 02:18 AM
I am always satisfied when i see that there are regulations for catching and keeping reptiles and amphibians.
Can anyone explain to me why Thamnophis butleri is better protected than the other Thamnophis species? I understand ofcourse that it is considered endangered, but what is the reason.
And are people, who have nothing with reptiles, capable of seeing the difference between the species?