PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Worms to Fish...

Jake Dubz
09-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Since stores are no longer selling nightcrawlers around here i had to feed my snake on some dainty wal-mart feeder goldfish, i know- not the best source or fish, which is my question- of "normal" feeder fish such as bait shop varietys or even tropical fish? is their any advantage from one to the other? I'm trying to get him on something reliable and redily available.. but those "fish" from walmart couldn't have even been bait.:Dwhat have you guys gotten yours to like? Thanx allot
Jake

Elliot
09-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Try to find some rosy reds, there are others but I can't think of them right now. Goldfish aren't good for your snake, they can cause vitamin B deficiencies, which can be potentially fatal.

DEKAN
09-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Well...my snake, didn't want some sort of fish, I know it may sound a little bit silly, so I asked here in the forum and adamanteus (http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/members/adamanteus.html) said "try with trout"...and the same I bought a whole trout at Wal-mart, and some days passed with no luck, she wont even aproach the stripes, so I put a transparent bowl with a male guppie, she was so desperate to catch it, and then she accidentally got to the stripes...the rest it's history, the guppie too...lol :o

Also adamanteus said that if you put the stripes with one live fish on a bowl the snake will found the stripes and eat them...wise words :D

So...adamanteus for president!...yeahhhh!!!!....lol just kidding :o

EdgyExoticReptiles
09-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Well...my snake, didn't want some sort of fish, I know it may sound a little bit silly, so I asked here in the forum and adamanteus (http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/members/adamanteus.html) said "try with trout"...and the same I bought a whole trout at Wal-mart, and some days passed with no luck, she wont even aproach the stripes, so I put a transparent bowl with a male guppie, she was so desperate to catch it, and then she accidentally got to the stripes...the rest it's history, the guppie too...lol :o

Also adamanteus said that if you put the stripes with one live fish on a bowl the snake will found the stripes and eat them...wise words :D

ya woo i tried it and my difficult male ate two wooo!!!

Jake Dubz
09-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Yea, at wal-mart they said the were rosy reds (although they were gray and 2 gold ones) and it said those were a kind of goldfish??? Guppies are ok for them too? Just trying to get some Variety in his bowl :)

adamanteus
09-12-2007, 10:02 AM

I'm really pleased that it worked for you, Robert. And you too, Reed. :)
As for the Presidency..... I'm a bit busy this week, I have to wash my hair!:rolleyes::D

Elliot
09-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Yea, at wal-mart they said the were rosy reds (although they were gray and 2 gold ones) and it said those were a kind of goldfish??? Guppies are ok for them too? Just trying to get some Variety in his bowl :)

Well, either way, the rosy reds are a safe fish. I don't think switching from different kinds of fish will really make difference though. It's more like switch from worms, fish and pinkies.

ssssnakeluvr
09-12-2007, 06:17 PM
As for the Presidency..... I'm a bit busy this week, I have to wash my hair!:rolleyes::D

you probably spend as much on shampoo as me.....:eek: