PDA

View Full Version : Sid crashes the snakepit-party

sidguppy
11-01-2006, 12:34 PM
G'day snake charmers

Pretty new at keeping garters, but since visiting Gijs & Sabine i got a huge overload of infdo and a few highly useful links, including this one.
since I'm a fairly regular user of forums (got a couple on fish and a few on inverts as well for other parts of the animalkeeping hobbies) I'd really like to crash in here and join the happy slitherin' bunch.

Got 4 radix at home. I started out with these when I bought 3 juveniles last year (born in april or may 2005). kept them for almost a year when I found out I got 3 boys. placed an add to buy or trade for a female radix when I got an email from Sabine.

the rest -as they say- is history! ;)

My other hobbies include keeping and breeding fish since 1974, mainly Tanganyikan catfish although I've kept a long list of cichlids too from that Lake. still have 1 tank with riverine weirdos from 3 continents. at work (school) I keep tarantulas, roaches (big ones), tropical beetles, stick-insects, axolotls, malawian cichlids etc etc.
Next to that i enjoy SCUBA diving, beer, the heavier rockshows, fantasy-gaming (ranging from online to LARP) and so on.

Happy SAMHAIN everyone and see ya on the forum

SG out

ps: how do you fit in pictures? this forum doesn't work like the regular phpBB forums I use to join.....can't copy n paste and edit my own link for example. :D

reptileparadise
11-01-2006, 01:08 PM
welcome here...looks like there's a dutch invasion going on :p

Boots
11-01-2006, 01:31 PM
There is nothing like having an international membership to help give different perspectives on issues.

Welcome to the forum SG.

Boots

Cazador
11-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Hiya Sid,
Nice to meet you. Your English is as clear as any American's, yet you have a Netherland flag. I'm impressed. You'll find a lot of helpful people on this forum, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the friendly atmosphere.

One way to post pictures is to go to the "photo gallery" section and click the "Upload Photos" link near the top right corner. I'm sure you'll make your way through the next screen where you browse to your photo and click "upload." This will upload your picture onto the thamnophis website and start a gallery under your screen name. I haven't figured out how to post a picture into your comment, yet. I can only post links to pictures, so I'll leave that for someone else. Cheers,
Rick

Thamnophis
11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Hey Sid, nice to meet you here too.

Gijs & Sabine
11-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Hi Lex, nice you found this forum as well.
join the club !!

Thamnophis
11-02-2006, 09:16 AM
I'ts getting more and more a Dutch forum. Maybe everyone has to write in Dutch now :eek: :)

Gijs & Sabine
11-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Yes yes, I agree with that Thamnophis !!:D
It would be much easier for me

sidguppy
11-02-2006, 10:11 AM
no way Jose:rolleyes:

I like English, it's my home away from home.

I'm gonna try to put in the snake-pix again, see if it works in the pix section.
phpBB has grown on me, so it's kinda queasy to stumble across a forum that runs on different software.
bear with me while I fumble my way thru it, will you?;)

Cazador
11-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi Sid,
Reptileparadise showed me how to add pictures to your post after you've loaded them into the photo gallery. Just pull up your picture in the photo gallery. Then click on the "COPY TO CLIPBOARD" button below your picture. On your next post, you can simply right click, and select paste wherever you want to insert your picture. Give it a try. Cheers,
Rick

Thamnophis
11-02-2006, 12:45 PM
My English improves every day thanks to this forum, so let's forget the Dutch. ;)

Markus18
11-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Are you guys preparing your snakes for a winterruhe????

reptileparadise
11-02-2006, 01:38 PM
mine are already in hibernation (winterruhe :p)

Cazador
11-02-2006, 05:59 PM
A few of mine have been down for weeks but one in particular, just doesn't realize it. She remains very active even though she's been in total darkness and 54F/12C. Thanks for teaching me a new word (winterruhe).
Rick

ssssnakeluvr
11-02-2006, 07:59 PM
all my breeders and a few non feeders went down a week ago...

Thamnophis
11-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Only my Natrix maura is already in hibernation because he would not eat when i got him.
All the garters are still awake and kickin'. Maybe end of the month I will start preparing them. The weather in the Netherlands was unusual good/warm last months. We had to get the heating on for the first time this year a few days ago.