PDA

View Full Version : greetings from Holland

reptileparadise
10-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Hello everyone,
My name is Sjoerd, i'm 18 years old and i live in Achtmaal :eek: ....a small town in Holland.
I started with reptiles almost 7 years ago. My first animals where 2 oriental firebellied toads. Within a few weeks i had a huge amount of tadpoles. And so it began....
After about a year came the first snakes. 1.1 T. S. Parietalis.
I still have them, and i still love them because of their activity in their enclosure, their colors, their appetite and their character.
I now have 2.2.3 T.S.P. and i'm keeping my eyes open for any other species. I really like T. Cyrtopsis , T.S.Tetratenia (unfortunatly very little bloodlines in europe) and T.Atrutus.
here are some pics of my current breeders.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/vuurbuikpad/kweekdieren%20en%20holdback/IMGP2210Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/vuurbuikpad/kweekdieren%20en%20holdback/IMGP2218Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/vuurbuikpad/kweekdieren%20en%20holdback/IMGP2225Small.jpg

Cazador
10-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Greetings Sjoerd,
Nice looking parietalis you have there. Will you be hibernating them this winter?
Rick

felicianolis
10-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Welcome Sjoerd!
We are "the lasts to arrive"!!! ;-)

ssssnakeluvr
10-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum!! Nice looking red siders!!!!!

reptileparadise
10-29-2006, 03:51 AM
thats a nice welcome...
I will be hibernating them this winter. They stopped eating a few weeks ago, and the last two weeks they didnt have any heating. Yesterday i've put them in their 'winterenclosure' (curver with moist leaves, a hiding place and a small waterdish).
cant wait till next spring :P

Thamnophis
10-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey Sjoerd, welcome here! :)

Cazador
10-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Yesterday i've put them in their 'winter enclosure'

It's a sad day when you have to put them down for the winter. I just hate saying, "see you next spring" to them, so I like to stagger their brumation. I keep a few active adults while the rest are brumating. Then I put them down later. This staggers their birth dates, too :) . Our long winters (Alaska and The Netherlands) make this easy to do, unless they all refuse to eat at the same time. By the way, I enjoyed your pictures.
Rick

reptileparadise
10-29-2006, 01:52 PM
indeed...empty enclosures is one of the reasons i hate/ dont like winter. I still have 1.0.3 young. I'm going to a reptile event later this year, so i decided not to put them down yet.

By the way, I enjoyed your pictures.

be carefull with what you say, i've got tons of them!

Cazador
10-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Check out the "Photo Gallery" section. There's a link near the top right corner that says "upload photos." It's easy to do, and your photos are automatically grouped under your screen name. Post some good ones :D .

reptileparadise
10-29-2006, 02:14 PM
thnx...added a few :p

Cazador
10-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Nice photography. I LOVE that shot #2154! It makes your garter look "really tough and spooky!" Too funny,
Rick