PDA

View Full Version : Reptile expo - toronto vs Montreal/Gatineau

Blizzisme
10-18-2017, 02:34 PM
So no way I am getting down to Toronto this weekend (will be down the first weekend in in November, which is too late), so I was looking at the reptile expos here in MTL and Gatineau...

I noticed Toronto has somewhere around 70 booths/vendors listed and Montreal/Gatineau had less than 25...

Why the huge disparity? Is it just the language thing?

Peterra
10-20-2017, 12:53 PM
Mike and I are going to the Toronto one this weekend. If they let us in, I will report just how big/good it is; maybe you can do the same for Montreal.

Blizzisme
10-20-2017, 09:57 PM
Mike and I are going to the Toronto one this weekend. If they let us in, I will report just how big/good it is; maybe you can do the same for Montreal.

I don't see why they would keep you out. Buy your tickets in advance on the website to be safe, I guess.

I will.try and take pictures at the Montreal one and post them here afterwards.

Peterra
10-20-2017, 10:04 PM
Because Mike is a little cockapoo dog. We generally spend all our weekends together.

Serpentine
10-21-2017, 09:07 PM
I've seen dogs at reptile expos in the past. The best one in the Toronto area is usually the CRBE in September every year. Hopefully the one this weekend has some variety. It's usually very Ball Python heavy.

Peterra
10-23-2017, 05:13 PM
The expo was ball python heavy. I only saw one kind of garter snake, albino checkered for $100 - see a picture. On the upside, the building also doubles as a FBI place. 14810148111481214813

Blizzisme
10-29-2017, 10:46 AM
So didn't take pics, unfortunately. There were 21 booths in a room that was too small for what was there (imo). Very difficult to.move around or see the booths properly.

There was a decent selection of lizards, frogs, and turtles. A 2 booths of insects and arachnids... Snakes we're mostly pythons and condas, though we found ONE garter (infernalis).