PDA

View Full Version : Question on breeding albino checkered garters

Cocoa
10-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if it is possible to participate in reptile shows in Michigan and Ohio with albino checkered garter snakes, as I have a boy, but do not want to breed of placement of the babies will be an issue?

guidofatherof5
10-13-2017, 05:15 PM
Participate? Please explain.

Albert Clark
10-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Checkered garters are endemic to the southeastern U.S. and Mexico and central america. I don't think they are a native species to Michigan or Ohio. If that helps at all? The albino checkered, for the most part has a very limited occurrence in the wild and is mainly captive bred but still has the same geographic location.

Cocoa
10-20-2017, 08:26 PM
By participate, I am referring to selling of the babies should things that way as it would be embarrasing to bring a snake, and be told it is forbidden. I know the Butler Garter is a no go.
You guys are awesome, and knowing that my snakes are not native to here is a huge plus.

guidofatherof5
10-20-2017, 09:45 PM
By participate, I am referring to selling of the babies should things that way as it would be embarrasing to bring a snake, and be told it is forbidden. I know the Butler Garter is a no go.
You guys are awesome, and knowing that my snakes are not native to here is a huge plus.

Thank you for the clarification.