PDA

View Full Version : World's First Erythristic Goldens born 4/29/2017

Jeff B
04-29-2017, 01:18 PM
The first litter from breeding erythristic het golden x erythristic het golden were born this morning.
There were 3 erythristic golden born and they are the first ever produced. They are as I imagined they would look, however they are redder than I thought they would be. I thought they would be more yellow orange. I have 3 more females of this same breeding still to have babies so we hopefully will see more and see how much variability they have. Super excited to watch these guys grow and put on color. They are already nice but I know they will get much better with age and size.

Albert Clark
04-29-2017, 02:01 PM
OMG!!!! (applause). Amazing job Jeff. Imitated but never duplicated. You always outdo the competition. Great project with superior results.

Zdravko092368
04-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Doesn't look like any normals were golden or do they change with age? Anyways wow absolutely amazing congrats on reproducing them I can't wait to see them after a few sheds.

Jeff B
04-29-2017, 03:03 PM
OMG!!!! (applause). Amazing job Jeff. Imitated but never duplicated. You always outdo the competition. Great project with superior results.
Thanks Al, I appriate your excitement for this project that I have been working on for over 4 years, but I never view it as a competition. It is nice to see years of hard work come to fruition and to see what we envisioned in our heads become a reality in this new combination.

Jeff B
04-29-2017, 03:06 PM
Doesn't look like any normals were golden or do they change with age? Anyways wow absolutely amazing congrats on reproducing them I can't wait to see them after a few sheds.
There was one regular golden in the litter but it was stillborn unfortunately. There was 20 live babies total, 3 erythristic golden, and 17 erythristics and normals that are all 66% possible het golden.

guidofatherof5
04-29-2017, 03:07 PM
Very nice Jeff. Congrats.

Jeff B
04-29-2017, 03:34 PM
Very nice Jeff. Congrats.

Thanks Steve

Albert Clark
04-29-2017, 06:46 PM
Thanks Al, I appriate your excitement for this project that I have been working on for over 4 years, but I never view it as a competition. It is nice to see years of hard work come to fruition and to see what we envisioned in our heads become a reality in this new combination. Gotcha. I look forward to Morph Market taking on and categorizing garter snakes in the near future. I think that will begin to bring garter snakes more into the fore front for keepers.

Eddie
04-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Awesome litter Jeff!! Can't wait to see them as they put on size!!

Jeff B
04-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Gotcha. I look forward to Morph Market taking on and categorizing garter snakes in the near future. I think that will begin to bring garter snakes more into the fore front for keepers.
I hope you are right about garters being on Morph Market someday. It's hard for me to keep up with all the places people advertise and sell snakes these days.
I appreciated your kind words, I just don't like for breeding to be so competitive, I just want to have fun and enjoy sharing and the camradery on this site with all you guys since we all are all half crazy for loving garters snakes, or at least that is the perception of most "normal" folk.

sirtalis01
04-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Awesome Jeff...congrats

Zdravko092368
04-29-2017, 07:59 PM
I hope you are right about garters being on Morph Market someday. It's hard for me to keep up with all the places people advertise and sell snakes these days.
I appreciated your kind words, I just don't like for breeding to be so competitive, I just want to have fun and enjoy sharing and the camradery on this site with all you guys since we all are all half crazy for loving garters snakes, or at least that is the perception of most "normal" folk.

That is why I still visit this site, only a few of us are "crazy" enough to love garters so much that we hang out on a garter specific forum lol. Wouldn't have it any other way though, they will always be my favorite snake.

Albert Clark
04-29-2017, 08:49 PM
I appreciated your kind words, I just don't like for breeding to be so competitive, I just want to have fun and enjoy sharing and the camradery on this site with all you guys since we all are all half crazy for loving garters snakes, or at least that is the perception of most "normal" folk.. Well, according to John L. @ Morph Market it is a work in progress. In any case, you are the main pioneer when it comes to garters in my book and many others feel the same way. Glad you appreciate the kind words, they are well deserved. Congrats once again on the success in the golden project and all your hard work and dedication.

Jeff B
04-29-2017, 10:15 PM
Awesome litter Jeff!! Can't wait to see them as they put on size!!
Thanks Ed, me too, the erythristics take a year to reach their full potential.

Jeff B
04-29-2017, 10:16 PM
Awesome Jeff...congrats
Thanks Julio

BLUESIRTALIS
05-01-2017, 06:23 AM
Oh wow! These are exceptional jeff!!! Congrats! Wouldn't they be ery/flame golden? I see alot of the flame influence in them.

Tommytradix
05-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Congrats!!