PDA

View Full Version : WC Leucistic eastern

Tommytradix
10-10-2016, 09:04 PM
A leucistic eastern was found last week in Missouri. I was lucky enough that the guy who found it held onto it and contacted me. Long story short i bought her from him today and she is due to arrive next week. The photo's are not the best but here they are anyway. I will take better ones once i have her in my care. So what do you guys think? I'm also in need of a nice looking normal male for her.

1415814159:cool:

Eddie
10-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Awesome!!

BLUESIRTALIS
10-11-2016, 05:22 AM
Nice! She is a little thin but i'm sure you can fatten her up. Hope she does well for you so you can produce some pure clean white leucistics. Is the dark patch a scar, leaf or dark pigment?

Albert Clark
10-11-2016, 06:21 AM
Maybe it's also a paradox? Grats. Oh, looks like the dark spot disappeared.

snakeman
10-11-2016, 07:54 AM
Awesome pickup!how did you determine it was an eastern? You got plains and red sided in MS also

BLUESIRTALIS
10-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Unless his thumb covers it in the second pic.
maybe it's also a paradox? Grats. Oh, looks like the dark spot disappeared.

Majorica
10-11-2016, 11:30 PM
I thought eastern garters were from the eastern parts of the USA?.

Tommytradix
10-12-2016, 01:05 AM
Nice! She is a little thin but i'm sure you can fatten her up. Hope she does well for you so you can produce some pure clean white leucistics. Is the dark patch a scar, leaf or dark pigment?

Its a black spot. He also said she has a cream color on her too

Awesome pickup!how did you determine it was an eastern? You got plains and red sided in MS also

He said it was eastern. I'll know when i see her. It was found in Springfield

BLUESIRTALIS
10-12-2016, 05:36 AM
I hope it's an eastern, lol! I know you would probably much rather it be a radix, but I am bias to my easterns, lol! Either way it's a nice snake!
Its a black spot. He also said she has a cream color on her too

He said it was eastern. I'll know when i see her. It was found in Springfield

Albert Clark
10-12-2016, 04:12 PM
I thought eastern garters were from the eastern parts of the USA?.

Eastern garter snake is also known as Tham.sirtalis sirtalis range mostly In North America from Massachusetts to southern Quebec and southward to east Texas and southern Florida. There are several subspecies that range into other areas of the continental U.S., Canada and even across the continent.