PDA

View Full Version : A Soft Heart

guidofatherof5
09-17-2016, 03:20 PM
My 16 years old daughter Gabby was out mowing the front yard as a favor to her old dad. Before I knew it she came back in the house yelling that she accidentally hit a snake. She was in tears, as she loves garter snakes. I went out and found a 2nd year dark phase female radix in bad shape and certainly not an injury it would survive. I sent Gabby in the house and dispatched the young snake as fast as I could. I went back in the house and found my Gabby still in tears apologizing. As I hugged her I explained it was just one of the dangers for these snakes as they live close to us. Gabby was the keep of our "Lucky", the best, most docile and interactive garter I've ever seen.
I love my Gabby's heart for the radixes. Someday, she'll pass that love and appreciation onto her own children.

infernalis
09-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Finishing off an accident is always hard. :(

guidofatherof5
09-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Finishing off an accident is always hard. :(

It was. She was a beautiful young snake. This feeling won't pass soon.

Albert Clark
09-17-2016, 08:24 PM
It was. She was a beautiful young snake. This feeling won't pass soon.

Sorry for the loss! Yep! The passion will definitely be passed on, that is for sure. Life lessons come in all sorts of ways.

Jeff B
09-20-2016, 07:01 AM
The world needs more Gabbys.

Eddie
09-20-2016, 07:00 PM
I here you Steve. I now breed fancy guppies because my daughter liked how my "feeder guppies looked" lol