PDA

View Full Version : T. eques diluvialis (Diluvial Garter Snake)

Jippers
02-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and based in the UK. We keep a T. eques diluvialis female by way of a rehome. They don't seem to be entirely common in the UK at all.

This is our girl, I'm interested in a future project with them but also looking at other garter projects. We keep several snakes, Ball Pythons, Jungle Carpet Python, BCI, KSB's and Corns...

Eddie
02-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Great looking snake you have!!

guidofatherof5
02-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Very nice. We certainly don't get to see this species very often. Thanks.

BLUESIRTALIS
02-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Nice!!!

Albert Clark
02-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Interesting! What locale are they typically found in? Congrats on the acquisition.

Jippers
02-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Hey guys, Sorry for the delay in replying,My understanding is that they hail from around lake Chapala. The only information I can find is by Steven Bol in the Netherlands. I've since had the opportunity to speak to him a bit more about the, but very interested in also finding other keepers.

guidofatherof5
02-05-2016, 10:55 AM
This subspecies occurs in the area north, west and south of the western tip of lake Chapala, but does not look at all like the dark specimens with the typical blue coloration of T. eques inhabiting the nearby lake Chapala (T. e. obscurus) "Steven Bol"

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//821/medium/map2.jpg

Jippers
02-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Oddly I tried to post with the locality but it came up with an error..thought it had gone through. I've had the good fortune to speak to Steve Bol, he seems to know his stuff :)

The pic below is a daylight pic :) (not to state the obvious:) )

Albert Clark
02-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Oh! Don Belnap had or has some specimens in his collection but I don't know if they are still available. Or whether they are captive born and bred or wild caughts. Saw them recently on his page.

BUSHSNAKE
02-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Oh! Don Belnap had or has some specimens in his collection but I don't know if they are still available. Or whether they are captive born and bred or wild caughts. Saw them recently on his page.
This species is not in u.s. collections

Jippers
02-06-2016, 07:34 AM
This species is not in u.s. collections

I had a look at his fb page. Seems he has a species from the same locality.. the Thanmophis eques obscurus, he may indeed have one... it may just be rare in US collections... it's most certainly rare in UK collections.

BUSHSNAKE
02-06-2016, 11:09 AM
I had a look at his fb page. Seems he has a species from the same locality.. the Thanmophis eques obscurus, he may indeed have one... it may just be rare in US collections... it's most certainly rare in UK collections.
Any eques sp. in the u.s. came from me or scott felzer

Jippers
02-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Any eques sp. in the u.s. came from me or scott felzer

I'm not in the states :)

Albert Clark
02-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Are the t.e.diluvialis and t.e.obscurus aka Lake chapala garters ? Or is that a different locale, just closer?

Tommytradix
02-07-2016, 05:36 AM
im importing albino obscurus from europe in a few months on a trade so will be sending garters that way.

Zdravko092368
02-07-2016, 08:41 PM
im importing albino obscurus from europe in a few months on a trade so will be sending garters that way.

Should try to get other high quality animals that are rare in US. Maybe red melanogaster or Anery/albino parietalis.

Albert Clark
02-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Should try to get other high quality animals that are rare in US. Maybe red melanogaster or Anery/albino parietalis.
Thanks to Joe, I was able to get in touch with Steven Bol and I am expecting to hear back from him soon. I think it's going to be a pricey affair, but I am ready to sacrifice. Fingers and toes crossed.