PDA

View Full Version : Hatchling availability?

mcspin
09-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Hi,

I'm new to snakes and my research has led me to garter snakes as the type I'd like to keep. I've been searching for a few days and have come to the conclusion that not much seems to be available this time of year. If I want a hatching from this season's breedings, is it too late in the year to find much of a selection?

I've been able to find lots of young colubrids, but not garters. Are they simply not popular enough, or is it that they tend to be bred earlier in the year and sell out quickly? Or, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Tommytradix
09-15-2015, 05:35 PM
I had 8 litters and sold out before they were 24hrs old lol I had to start selling hold backs. You may have better luck on facebook. That's where 90% of my sales come from. And most people breed around the same time but garters give live birth so there's no extra wait for eggs to hatch. Shaun hayes just posted a yearling red plains het Nebraska albino for $50 in the fb group garter snakes and the group Thamnophis which I admin. That's a steal if you ask me

mcspin
09-15-2015, 06:24 PM
I had 8 litters and sold out before they were 24hrs old lol I had to start selling hold backs. You may have better luck on facebook. That's where 90% of my sales come from. And most people breed around the same time but garters give live birth so there's no extra wait for eggs to hatch. Shaun hayes just posted a yearling red plains het Nebraska albino for $50 in the fb group garter snakes and the group Thamnophis which I admin. That's a steal if you ask me

I tried to join a few days back and it's still pending.

Tommytradix
09-21-2015, 03:04 PM
To Thamnophis? Or garter snakes?

mcspin
09-21-2015, 04:22 PM
To Thamnophis? Or garter snakes?
Both, but no problem, since I'm now accepted to both.

Zdravko092368
09-21-2015, 05:24 PM
You can sometimes find them on faunaclassifieds or kingsnake as well.