PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard radix female

Jeff B
09-05-2015, 09:23 PM
My blizzard radix female is in good shape for spring. I will be breeding her to my snow radix, so half the babies will be snow and half will be blizzards. Her colors are pretty cool in person, lots of pastel blue, pink and purple and white stripes.

Rushthezeppelin
09-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between a snow and a blizzard? And what exactly is involved in each morph?

Jeff B
09-05-2015, 11:11 PM
The blizzard T.radix is the combination of albino and axanthic. As you can see it is very different in appearance from the snow radix that is produced from the albino and anerythristic combo. The snow is solid pinkish white without pattern. The blizzard has pattern and gorgeous ice blue/purple and remnants of dorsal and lateral stripes showing.

Tommytradix
09-06-2015, 06:31 AM
Is the snow het axanthic? If not how will there be blizzard if the morph needs axanthic to manifest. And if the blizzard was created from axanthic x albino how will there even be snows? Sorry just trying to understand what's going on here

guidofatherof5
09-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Very nice Jeff.

Albert Clark
09-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Tommy, I think it's the difference that the albino gene has when paired with axanthic versus anerythrystic. And then the final product of blizzard as opposed to snow. On a side note I just got back from the White plains expo and one person there did have garters! Checkereds at that! Normal checkereds he sold. A trio of normals for 50.00. One male and two females! Absolutely no one else had garters and of course no blue pugets. Nor any granites.

Dan72
09-06-2015, 09:18 PM
I want (need) blizzards! I'm in Jeff for a pair come spring.

Taso
09-06-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm planning on pairing up a normal female het albino and axanthic to a male blizzard this spring. :p

Dan72
09-07-2015, 05:41 AM
Tsao I'll keep an eye out for that as well. ;)

Jeff B
09-07-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm planning on pairing up a normal female het albino and axanthic to a male blizzard this spring. :p
curious where you got your blizzard and your female? not to many of them out there.

Taso
09-07-2015, 01:37 PM
curious where you got your blizzard and your female? not to many of them out there.

The great Scott Felzer himself!

Jeff B
09-07-2015, 07:17 PM
My female is the only one that I have produced and I am glad that she didn't sell, that was 2013. What year are your snakes.

Taso
09-07-2015, 11:25 PM
My female is the only one that I have produced and I am glad that she didn't sell, that was 2013. What year are your snakes.

I'm not entirely sure. I think Felzer may have said the blizzard to be a bit over a year old, and he looks about that age. The female's a giant, I could only guess around 4 years or so.
Questions left unasked, seems to be too late now. lol

BUSHSNAKE
09-08-2015, 01:05 PM
My blizzard radix female is in good shape for spring. I will be breeding her to my snow radix, so half the babies will be snow and half will be blizzards. Her colors are pretty cool in person, lots of pastel blue, pink and purple and white stripes.
from what ive heard youll only get snows if the blizzard is het anery, post pics of the babies when you get them:) as always good luck

Tommytradix
12-08-2015, 10:05 AM
from what ive heard youll only get snows if the blizzard is het anery, post pics of the babies when you get them:) as always good luck
he said the blizzard is axanthix x albino. and the snow is anery x albino. i see only albinos het axanthic and anery coming out. from what i understand anery and axanthic are seperate simple recessives.

BLUESIRTALIS
12-08-2015, 10:16 AM
When the anery and blue axanthic are bred together the blue axanthic comes out codom when bred to normals it comes out recessive. Very strange things going on with this morph!
he said the blizzard is axanthix x albino. And the snow is anery x albino. I see only albinos het axanthic and anery coming out. From what i understand anery and axanthic are seperate simple recessives.

Tommytradix
12-08-2015, 01:30 PM
When the anery and blue axanthic are bred together the blue axanthic comes out codom when bred to normals it comes out recessive. Very strange things going on with this morph!
that is because axanthics were first bred to anery and have not been outcrossed except to snows which is the same thing. so axanthics are het anery. if the axanthic is just a axanthic het for nothing it remains recessive no matter what its bred to. i have a male axanthic poss het albino that im going to breed to a wc and a snow then breed the babies back n see what it really is

BLUESIRTALIS
12-08-2015, 02:05 PM
That could very well be the case, but i never bred any anery or blue axanthics. I know scott felzer told me that some how the anery and blue axanthic were compatible and when he bred anery to blue axanthic he got a mixture of both even when the anery was not het for blue axanthic. Maybe joe or jeff can back this up or shed more light on the situation cause i know they done some outcrossing!
that is because axanthics were first bred to anery and have not been outcrossed except to snows which is the same thing. So axanthics are het anery. If the axanthic is just a axanthic het for nothing it remains recessive no matter what its bred to. I have a male axanthic poss het albino that im going to breed to a wc and a snow then breed the babies back n see what it really is

Tommytradix
12-08-2015, 04:16 PM
That could very well be the case, but i never bred any anery or blue axanthics. I know scott felzer told me that some how the anery and blue axanthic were compatible and when he bred anery to blue axanthic he got a mixture of both even when the anery was not het for blue axanthic. Maybe joe or jeff can back this up or shed more light on the situation cause i know they done some outcrossing!
weird lol joe never bred them but knew the guy who found both morhs.there is another thread about this subject

BLUESIRTALIS
12-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Yeah, i've read all the threads on this and i know joe never bred them but i think the guy they originated from did and i think joe knows the results or at least i think joe and i had this conversation 5 or 6 years ago. I could be wrong because this was years back, but surely jeff and scott done some outcrossing because these morphs have been around for several years. I know for sure that scott told me he did outcrossing and still got the same results.
weird lol joe never bred them but knew the guy who found both morhs.there is another thread about this subject

BUSHSNAKE
12-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Scott told me that he bred the axanthic to all the morphs and got got axanthics in first generation. I know that was a big fat lie cuz we know know it doesnt work that way. I know he was only breeding axanthics to the anery cuz you can tell by what he produced. Not that hard to figure out...duh. what a piece of work

BLUESIRTALIS
12-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Scott told me when he bred anery to the blue axanthic he produced blue axanthics and normal 100% het anery in the litter, but he could have lied about it.

Tommytradix
12-09-2015, 11:50 AM
scott told me he likes to kiss his garters every night before lights out hahaha this is too much im just gonna breed them and post my results and not make any assumptions until the litters pop out

BLUESIRTALIS
12-10-2015, 09:14 AM
I don't like how scott dropped of the face of the earth without an explanation either and i'm not defending scott, but all jokes aside if it wasn't for his years of dedication half of the animals we have in our collections now probably wouldn't even be available. I've seen alot of garter breeders come and go through the years as soon as they figure out how much work is involved in caring for the babies they usually get out after a few years. Thank you jeff and eddie and any others that breed these wonderful little herps for years of hard work and i hope everyone has a great breeding season this year! Good luck with this pairing jeff and keep us posted on the results that blizzard is awesome!

Tommytradix
12-10-2015, 06:23 PM
I don't like how scott dropped of the face of the earth without an explanation either and i'm not defending scott, but all jokes aside if it wasn't for his years of dedication half of the animals we have in our collections now probably wouldn't even be available. I've seen alot of garter breeders come and go through the years as soon as they figure out how much work is involved in caring for the babies they usually get out after a few years. Thank you jeff and eddie and any others that breed these wonderful little herps for years of hard work and i hope everyone has a great breeding season this year! Good luck with this pairing jeff and keep us posted on the results that blizzard is awesome!
yea it it annoys me too. i have bought alot of stuff from him over the years and im hoping to breed for many years to come. you are right it is alot of work and expensive compared to other species but it is all worth it in the end. when i retire ill be sure to let everyone know in advance cause i see how it effected the hobby with everything being sold off and some going to people that dont breed and almost lost some morphs.

BUSHSNAKE
12-12-2015, 06:18 AM
scott told me he likes to kiss his garters every night before lights out hahaha this is too much im just gonna breed them and post my results and not make any assumptions until the litters pop out
I kiss my garters every night before they go to bed too. It makes them happy :p

Eddie
12-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Thanks Shawn
It is a lot of work on a daily basis. Most people don't realize. Good luck to everyone this breeding season. I am planning on a TON of babies this year!!
I will keep you all posted.
Ed

Tommytradix
12-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Thanks Shawn
It is a lot of work on a daily basis. Most people don't realize. Good luck to everyone this breeding season. I am planning on a TON of babies this year!!
I will keep you all posted.
Edcant wait to see what you have in store. im getting back into easterns so ill be needing some things lol

Albert Clark
12-20-2015, 08:07 AM
Hey guys, I have been away for a while but I do have a couple of projects working. Included will be the blue puget hopefully. Definites will be the checkereds. Albino, pastel and granites are on the list. Concinnus ( reds), possibly albino granites as a late production. Good luck for all doing pairings, and I wish you the best. :) :)

Albert Clark
12-20-2015, 08:26 AM
Jeff, that sounds like a plan. Can't wait to see those babies also.

Tommytradix
12-20-2015, 10:54 AM
Hey guys, I have been away for a while but I do have a couple of projects working. Included will be the blue puget hopefully. Definites will be the checkereds. Albino, pastel and granites are on the list. Concinnus ( reds), possibly albino granites as a late production. Good luck for all doing pairings, and I wish you the best. :) :)
im still very interested in your granites. save me 1.1 granite and 0.1 albino.
i take it you have dbl hets for granite and albino?

Tommytradix
12-20-2015, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Albert Clark;265895]Hey guys, I have been away for a while but I do have a couple of projects working. Included will be the blue puget hopefully. Definites will be the checkereds. Albino, pastel and granites are on the list. Concinnus ( reds), possibly albino granites as a late production. Good luck for all doing pairings, and I wish you the best. :) :)[/QUOTE

when are you expecting the granite and albino litters? ill be in N.Y. april 14th vending at the white plains show so ill be able to swing by and pick them up

Albert Clark
12-21-2015, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=Albert Clark;265895]Hey guys, I have been away for a while but I do have a couple of projects working. Included will be the blue puget hopefully. Definites will be the checkereds. Albino, pastel and granites are on the list. Concinnus ( reds), possibly albino granites as a late production. Good luck for all doing pairings, and I wish you the best. :) :)[/QUOTE

when are you expecting the granite and albino litters? ill be in N.Y. april 14th vending at the white plains show so ill be able to swing by and pick them up
Thanks Tom! I am shooting for April as having granite and albino checkered babies. No, I don't have any double hets for granite and albino yet. The granites I have now are het for pastel checkered. But I am hopeful for the production of the albino granites in 2016. Haha. Thanks for considering me. I still want that albino radix pair so I will see you at the show. Waiting to secure this blue puget project as well. Fingers and toes crossed for that one.

Tommytradix
12-21-2015, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=Tommytradix;265900]
Thanks Tom! I am shooting for April as having granite and albino checkered babies. No, I don't have any double hets for granite and albino yet. The granites I have now are het for pastel checkered. But I am hopeful for the production of the albino granites in 2016. Haha. Thanks for considering me. I still want that albino radix pair so I will see you at the show. Waiting to secure this blue puget project as well. Fingers and toes crossed for that one.

2016? you mean 2018? if they didnt even breed yet your a ways out lol you figure 3-5 months for them to breed n drop then a year to raise the dbl hets then another 3-5 months for them to breed and have litters. you need 2 years at least for something like that. your starting from scratch.

Albert Clark
12-21-2015, 05:25 PM
im still very interested in your granites. save me 1.1 granite and 0.1 albino.
i take it you have dbl hets for granite and albino?

[QUOTE=Albert Clark;265904]

2016? you mean 2018? if they didnt even breed yet your a ways out lol you figure 3-5 months for them to breed n drop then a year to raise the dbl hets then another 3-5 months for them to breed and have litters. you need 2 years at least for something like that. your starting from scratch.

Well, I am already dealing and trying to get my adult albino granite checkered male paired up with a female albino granite for late 2016 if I can. The granite pastels are nearing breeding weight and size. Remember, I held back 0.2 earlier this year. So I think I am in a good position to shoot for late 2016. They will be three gene hets. Actually that may be even better? No, not starting from scratch

Tommytradix
12-21-2015, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=Tommytradix;265909]

Well, I am already dealing and trying to get my adult albino granite checkered male paired up with a female albino granite for late 2016 if I can. The granite pastels are nearing breeding weight and size. Remember, I held back 0.2 earlier this year. So I think I am in a good position to shoot for late 2016. They will be three gene hets. Actually that may be even better? No, not starting from scratch

oh you have 1.1 albino granites?? can i see a pic of them. never seen albino granites
the ones you held back were granite pastels werent they?? im confused lol

Albert Clark
12-21-2015, 06:53 PM
I have a 1.0 albino granite. I held back a 0.2 pair of granite pastels earlier this year. Yes.

Tommytradix
12-21-2015, 10:49 PM
can i see the albino granite? and you will still only get granites 100% het albino and pastel. still a great litter! i would be interested in those

Albert Clark
12-22-2015, 09:23 AM
can i see the albino granite? and you will still only get granites 100% het albino and pastel. still a great litter! i would be interested in those
Well, I think you stand corrected bc both granite and pastel are codom genes. I was hoping to pair the male albino granite checkered x a female albino granite checkered which would yield super albino granites. The pairing of the granite pastel checkered x albino granite checkered would yield 12.5 % pastel granites and granite pastels all around with all of them being only het for albino. The recessive albino gene would be the one that would be hidden as a het.

Tommytradix
12-22-2015, 10:16 PM
can i see what the albino granite looks like?

Albert Clark
12-23-2015, 06:53 AM
I have a this as a secret project and I don't really like hijacking Jeff's thread about his blizzard project. I will post pics on a different thread.