PDA

View Full Version : blue axanthix radix???

Tommytradix
08-13-2015, 01:05 PM
:confused:
so I was sitting here thinking and looking at my axanthics then something just popped into my head. I thought about how when you breed an anerythristic to a blue axanthic you will get 50% anerythristics and 50% blue axanthics but when you breed a blue axanthic or anerythristic to anything else the gene is recessive. so what im getting at is maybe, just maybe blue axanthic is another type of anerythristic like how there is t positive and t negative albinos. but in this case they are compitable. which would explain the appearance of blizzards. its just the 2 types of anerythristic combined that does it. and that the more recent black and white axanthic is the only true axanthic. the double hets for albino and black and white axanthic I have will further test these to see if they will create a new snow or just create albinos, b&w axanthics and normals
let me know what you guys think

Albert Clark
08-13-2015, 03:44 PM
IDK, bc axanthism an anerythrism are two different trait mutations. In axanthism red and yellow pigments is not synthesized. True axanthics appear as black and white. Sometimes with shades of grey. In anerythrism, red pigment is not synthesized but yellow may still be present and the animal may present as b/w with some yellow. The blue axanthic to me, is still a mystery but with varying amounts of yellow still present in anerythrism I imagine can present as a blizzard? :confused:

BUSHSNAKE
08-13-2015, 04:01 PM
the anery is black(or melanistic) and the axanthic is blue(blue is to black as orange is to red) which could also be considered melanistic. They look almost identical as babies. Wouldn't it make more sense that theyre two different types of melanisim. They cant be anery so anery is out the window.... I remember telling scott felzer "what if I real axanthic pops up? its really gonna confuse a lot of people" and it is. Am I the only one that's gets that??

FlameBoy
08-14-2015, 11:25 AM
take a look at the big (AXANTHIC) you have she has reds yellow and all colors under the sun thats makes no sense at all i would say the true axathic is this new once just being exposed the true black and white as all other species of axathics are just that black and white
From my experiance genetics do differ within garters then in other species like take a look at the snow eastern melanism X albino?
Im sure their will be much debate tommy but if you can ever get these blue (Axanthics) actually breed and stop with all the slug litters then maybe the truth would be told

Tommytradix
08-14-2015, 03:27 PM
forgot about the red being present lol still trying to figure blue axanthics out and why they can be co dom with one morph and not others

Tommytradix
08-14-2015, 03:30 PM
the anery is black(or melanistic) and the axanthic is blue(blue is to black as orange is to red) which could also be considered melanistic. They look almost identical as babies. Wouldn't it make more sense that theyre two different types of melanisim. They cant be anery so anery is out the window.... I remember telling scott felzer "what if I real axanthic pops up? its really gonna confuse a lot of people" and it is. Am I the only one that's gets that??
just like there is albino types for radix its ok that there is 2 axanthic types (possibly even 3)

Albert Clark
08-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Yes, I think that is very possible since there does exist various forms of axanthism and also anerythrism. The hypoaxanthism could explain the blue over black and the hyperaxanthism may be even a different coloration. In anerythrism there exists the hypoerythristic and the hypererythristic which could explain the varying degrees that the color red and yellow is seen in any individual animal. :)

BUSHSNAKE
08-17-2015, 02:49 PM
just like there is albino types for radix its ok that there is 2 axanthic types (possibly even 3)
but is there? until the black and white creates a snow I don't even think theres 1.

BUSHSNAKE
08-17-2015, 02:53 PM
forgot about the red being present lol still trying to figure blue axanthics out and why they can be co dom with one morph and not others
theres a similar situation with corns, the amel and ultra gene. and I believe blue axanthic is dominant not codom to anery...im sure the majority of axanthics are het anery cuz theyre mostly bred to each other and not outcrossed. What breedings of axanthics and anerys have you done?

BUSHSNAKE
08-17-2015, 03:28 PM
I told you tommy i can give you the history on these morphs all the way back to when they were first bred. That might help you alot

Tommytradix
08-17-2015, 06:16 PM
theres a similar situation with corns, the amel and ultra gene. and I believe blue axanthic is dominant not codom to anery...im sure the majority of axanthics are het anery cuz theyre mostly bred to each other and not outcrossed. What breedings of axanthics and anerys have you done?
im going by jeffs website lol

Tommytradix
08-17-2015, 06:17 PM
I told you tommy i can give you the history on these morphs all the way back to when they were first bred. That might help you alot
ill give you a call tomorrow

BUSHSNAKE
08-19-2015, 04:17 PM
ill give you a call tomorrow

cool