PDA

View Full Version : Golden female had golden babies

Jeff B
07-10-2015, 09:47 PM
My golden female had babies today. Sadly she had a bunch of premature stillborn, but the good news is there was 7 live golden babies and they have shed. They are very small. Hopefully I will be able to get them feeding next week. Will try to post pics tomorrow morning.

d_virginiana
07-10-2015, 09:54 PM
I really like the look of that morph. Hope the babies do well.

Tommytradix
07-10-2015, 09:56 PM
congrats jeff!!!

KashGarter27
07-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Congrats

Eddie
07-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Thats awesome!!

Dan72
07-11-2015, 10:47 AM
Congrats Jeff! Who was the sire? Are they het for anything to go along with just being awesome as they are?

Jeff B
07-11-2015, 12:32 PM
1224712248these babies are small but hopefully I can get them feeding next week.

Tommytradix
07-11-2015, 02:26 PM
1224712248these babies are small but hopefully I can get them feeding next week.
whats the price tag on them?

BLUESIRTALIS
07-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Sweet man! Congrats!

Albert Clark
07-15-2015, 10:57 PM
Looking good Jeff!

Jeff B
07-16-2015, 06:26 AM
They all ate pieces of nightcrawler on tuesday and this morning too, so looking good.

Dan72
07-16-2015, 06:54 AM
Yes! Keep up the good work, carry on. ;) I could be dreaming here but is it just me or could the golden color be leached up and absorbed in some way by the leucy's to create a cool new eastern. I think the leucy's may help establish a lot of cool new eastern stuff. Also Jeff I have not forgotten, that stillborn all orange animal you had a couple years back, lets not give up on that. Amazing animal!

KashGarter27
07-17-2015, 12:14 AM
True

Jeff B
07-17-2015, 09:36 PM
Yes! Keep up the good work, carry on. ;) I could be dreaming here but is it just me or could the golden color be leached up and absorbed in some way by the leucy's to create a cool new eastern. I think the leucy's may help establish a lot of cool new eastern stuff. Also Jeff I have not forgotten, that stillborn all orange animal you had a couple years back, lets not give up on that. Amazing animal!

Dan, I am planning on breeding golden to leucistic, erythristic, melanistics, flames, albino, and I would even breed to a silver if I had one. Basically I plan to breed everything I have to golden. You never know what a combination of morphs is going to do, that's what makes it super exciting, at least that is my passion. I realize that doesn't trip everyone's trigger but it does mine.
That said, unfortunately I fear most likely the leucistic will trump the golden, but who knows, it's still worth trying and still worth seeing the empirical evidence rather than just speculating. Nobody would have thought the combination of melanistic and Schuet (T+) albino would look like it does. My personal opinion is the melanistic golden will be an incredible combination. That is one I will be shooting for in the coming years. It may produce a granite pattern silver snake, without all the issues of the silver gene. Wouldn't that be awesome?
The solid orange snake that you referred to I believe was a bluegrass erythristic albino or a bluegrass snow. I still have a coupe related females but unfortunately no males.

Zdravko092368
07-17-2015, 11:23 PM
I want to see all those mixes...I hope every one of your goldens grows to breeding age and pairs with each thing you have lol. I am pretty excited about what that morph could produce.

Tommytradix
07-18-2015, 05:45 AM
Dan, I am planning on breeding golden to leucistic, erythristic, melanistics, flames, albino, and I would even breed to a silver if I had one. Basically I plan to breed everything I have to golden. You never know what a combination of morphs is going to do, that's what makes it super exciting, at least that is my passion. I realize that doesn't trip everyone's trigger but it does mine.
That said, unfortunately I fear most likely the leucistic will trump the golden, but who knows, it's still worth trying and still worth seeing the empirical evidence rather than just speculating. Nobody would have thought the combination of melanistic and Schuet (T+) albino would look like it does. My personal opinion is the melanistic golden will be an incredible combination. That is one I will be shooting for in the coming years. It may produce a granite pattern silver snake, without all the issues of the silver gene. Wouldn't that be awesome?
The solid orange snake that you referred to I believe was a bluegrass erythristic albino or a bluegrass snow. I still have a coupe related females but unfortunately no males.
i cant wait to see all these combos either!! although i have no interest in breeding easterns, its still exciting to see new morphs of any snake produced.

Dan72
07-18-2015, 05:54 AM
It trips my trigger also! I can appreciate the work that goes into working with an animal to achieve whatever the goal might be, but I get really jazzed dreaming of the things that could come about and the things we don't fully understand just yet. You trying to understand how the different axanthic types work in radix is really interesting. So cool, I love this hobby. The animals, the projects, the possibilities.

Tommytradix
07-18-2015, 06:15 AM
It trips my trigger also! I can appreciate the work that goes into working with an animal to achieve whatever the goal might be, but I get really jazzed dreaming of the things that could come about and the things we don't fully understand just yet. You trying to understand how the different axanthic types work in radix is really interesting. So cool, I love this hobby. The animals, the projects, the possibilities.
from the conversations we had on the phone we both were pumped up about combinations with the axanthics haha if it was clear cut and we know the outcomes it wouldnt be as interesting but theres so much more to be done with new morphs popping up all the time