PDA

View Full Version : Genetics

deadhead
03-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Hey guys can someone tell me the morphs of T. Radix and wether they are Dom,codom, or recessive I'm a bit confused as I thought albino was recessive as in other species but someone on the forum posted a litter from a ertheryistic x albino and has albino babies maybe I read it wrong but any help would be greatly appreciated!

d_virginiana
03-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Albinism is always recessive. If the erythristic/albino pairing had albino babies, then the erythristic had to have been het for albino, meaning about half the babies should've been albino and half not.

Tommytradix
03-17-2015, 06:55 PM
"erythristic" is a term mainly used to describe easterns not radix. when the erythrism gene is present in radix its simply called red as with the red plains and red albinos. the erythristic gene is co dom. as for radix morphs there are albino, red albino, nebraska albino, red nebraska albino,snow, nebraska snow, red plains, blue axanthic,black and white axanthic, red/blue axanthic,anerythristic, and blizzard and alot of the albino radix i breed have varying degrees of polymorhism hope i didnt miss any lol

Jeff B
03-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Tommy covered it pretty good, mentioned the "Nebraska strain" albino, but did not mention the Iowa albino. The "Nebraska strain" albino radix is a tyrosinase positive (T+) albino and the "Iowa strain" albino is a tyrosinase negative (T-).
I am guessing Tommy that when you say your albinos have varying degrees of polymorphism, you are producing both T- and T+, or maybe some additional degree of variance is caused from the red(erythristic) genes. Albino is a simple recessive gene, so its either on or off, it is not polymorphic in itself.

Tommytradix
03-17-2015, 07:35 PM

Tommytradix
03-17-2015, 07:39 PM
thanks jeff and when i say polymorpism i mean color varience like the pics i just posted some have orange stripes and some have yellow and some are white inbetween the pattern and some are a more darker color the pics i posted are all iowa strain (t negitive)

Tommytradix
03-17-2015, 07:41 PM
one even has a white stripe which ive personally never seen in radix

Tommytradix
03-17-2015, 07:45 PM
jeff could you please give me some clarity on the blue axanthic gene? i dont quite understand it lol as you know my female blue axanthis is gravid and was sired by a snow and i have no clue what to expect lol ive read your site and it just isnt making sense to me for some reason any imformation would be greatly appreciated

Tommytradix
03-17-2015, 09:02 PM

Jeff B
03-18-2015, 07:33 AM
Should produce axanthics and anerythristics, unless that female is het albino too, in which case you would also have the chance to produce in addition, snows and blizzards. The axanthic and anery genes are co-allelic.

Tommytradix
03-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Should produce axanthics and anerythristics, unless that female is het albino too, in which case you would also have the chance to produce in addition, snows and blizzards. The axanthic and anery genes are co-allelic.thanks jeff! im not sure of her hets though i guess we will see lol what would the offspring produce when bred to eachother?

BUSHSNAKE
03-19-2015, 04:06 PM
jeff could you please give me some clarity on the blue axanthic gene? i dont quite understand it lol as you know my female blue axanthis is gravid and was sired by a snow and i have no clue what to expect lol ive read your site and it just isnt making sense to me for some reason any imformation would be greatly appreciated

the "anery" is recessive to the "axanthic" and the "axanthic" is dominant over "anery". If you bred a snow to an axanthic it would be like breeding an anery to an axanthic so you should get axanthic and normals that are het albino and anery. My friend, the founder of the axanthic and anery morph says he remembers getting all axanthics when he bred the axanthic to an anery. let us know what you get to see how good my friends memory is after all that was over ten years ago.

Tommytradix
03-19-2015, 04:18 PM
the "anery" is recessive to the "axanthic" and the "axanthic" is dominant over "anery". If you bred a snow to an axanthic it would be like breeding an anery to an axanthic so you should get axanthic and normals that are het albino and anery. My friend, the founder of the axanthic and anery morph says he remembers getting all axanthics when he bred the axanthic to an anery. let us know what you get to see how good my friends memory is after all that was over ten years ago.
i will definitely post pics and that would be awsome to get all axanthic

BUSHSNAKE
03-19-2015, 06:04 PM
i will definitely post pics and that would be awsome to get all axanthic
theres also a good possibility that the axanthic is het for anery so then youd get aneries. Both the anery and the axanthic plains are from chicago illinois and were bred together straight out of the wild and those are the animals that scott got that started his blooodlines and the two morphs havent strayed far from one another lol

Tommytradix
03-20-2015, 05:55 AM
theres also a good possibility that the axanthic is het for anery so then youd get aneries. Both the anery and the axanthic plains are from chicago illinois and were bred together straight out of the wild and those are the animals that scott got that started his blooodlines and the two morphs havent strayed far from one another lol
scott didnt produce my axanthic acually he didnt produce nothing i have lol but most likely they all were from his bloodlines

Tommytradix
03-20-2015, 05:57 AM
i do although have a wc red plains that i have been outcrossing with1179911800

BUSHSNAKE
03-24-2015, 06:36 PM
scott didnt produce my axanthic acually he didnt produce nothing i have lol but most likely they all were from his bloodlines
im shaking my head tommy lol...it doesnt matter that he didnt produce them

BUSHSNAKE
03-24-2015, 06:38 PM
i do although have a wc red plains that i have been outcrossing with1179911800

outcrossing to "axanthic"??? then you will get all het axanthic, axanthic is recessive to everything but "anery"...you know those black looking radix lol

Tommytradix
03-25-2015, 11:22 AM
outcrossing to "axanthic"??? then you will get all het axanthic, axanthic is recessive to everything but "anery"...you know those black looking radix lol
im outcrossing the red plains to albinos not axanthic my axanthic was already sired by a snow

Tommytradix
03-25-2015, 11:25 AM
i have 0.1 red radix het axanthix and 2.0 normals het axanthic

Tommytradix
03-25-2015, 11:27 AM
im shaking my head tommy lol...it doesnt matter that he didnt produce them
sorry i read that wrong lol