PDA

View Full Version : Didn't take long...

d_virginiana
02-23-2015, 02:19 PM
The flame female that I've been planning to breed to my albino or ery/albino males is through with QT with a clean bill of health, so we went and picked her up yesterday. I allowed her to settle in overnight, and she felt comfortable enough to eat for me, so I went ahead and introduced her to the smaller of the two males (and my first choice to sire the litter). It took literally less than ten seconds before he started courting her! She seems to be receptive too. I watched them for a long time to make sure neither seemed to be too upset, but they both seem to be enjoying themselves.

I'm hesitant to leave them together for too long unsupervised since this is the first time they're meeting, but I'm just glad it seems like she's still receptive and the male is mature enough to try and breed (there were some concerns as to whether he was old enough, especially since he's on the small side for his age). I'm still going to back him up with his more experienced buddy (lower red albino male) after a few days just in case he's not able to get the job done.

Right now my only problem is that his buddy is really agitated at having been moved away from the female.

guidofatherof5
02-23-2015, 10:51 PM
They don't need a chaperone , Lora
So, you put this poor male in with a little slice of garter heaven and before he can do his job you take him out! I can see why he's agitated:D

d_virginiana
02-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Ha, no the male that got taken out was the one I'm using to back up my first choice male. He figured out there was a female around and has been agitated that he can't be with her ever since!

I've got to get over my nerves about their size difference. The younger male I've got in there with the female is just so small compared to her I feel a little protective of him and worry about what would happen if they got in a fight... Which I totally shouldn't be worried about. They really seem perfectly fine with each other.

EKS56
02-24-2015, 12:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYb84BDMbi0

BLUESIRTALIS
02-24-2015, 05:05 AM
Just wait until she drags him all around the cage by his you know. I would make sure that you remove any decor so that he can't get hung up on anything.

d_virginiana
02-24-2015, 08:08 AM
Good idea. They have newspaper, so I probably don't need to leave the hide in. They usually just prefer to hide under the papers anyway.

guidofatherof5
02-24-2015, 08:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYb84BDMbi0

Well played, well played indeed.

Jeff B
03-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Congrats, I am betting on a May basket full of babies snakes for you.

d_virginiana
03-02-2015, 03:29 PM
I hope so! :)

Tommytradix
03-07-2015, 08:28 AM
1173911740​i always get nervous when i see it lol looks like the female is gonna kill him or rip his junk off haha11741