PDA

View Full Version : Behavior kinda ..strange?

snipstedy
12-10-2014, 05:06 PM
I shined a light into my young T. sauritus hide as I usually do to check up on him ( especially when I noticethat I left the top of the enclosure open) and he shot out of the hide accross the tank towards the flashlight. I turned off the light and he casually went back accross the tank into his hide. Doesn't seem all that odd generally with a non skidish snake but this snake is usually shy as they come. Anyone experience anything like this?

d_virginiana
12-10-2014, 05:50 PM
I think there's something about bright lights that fascinates them. I have one that's almost completely blind but can see a little bit of light/dark who will dart towards a flashlight when I'm checking on them at night. A couple of the others always come out to investigate it too, though they're a bit calmer about it.

guidofatherof5
12-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Nope can't say that I have but I don't think it's anything to worry about. I did startle one of my big radix females a number of years back. She chased me completely out of the enclosure.

snipstedy
12-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Good to hear. I didn't know if he was flipping out or what lol. When the warmer season comes through I think I'm going to order (if I can find) a friend for him.