PDA

View Full Version : Odd regurge?

d_virginiana
08-08-2014, 01:48 AM
I've got the two stunted baby blacknecks that I've been working with living together (to give an idea on the size, they are about a year old, and can't take anything larger than a pinkie leg). They are both eating like crazy; even the one with neurological issues. I've seen this in their container a couple times now, especially after they eat a larger meal...

It's basically partially digested pinky parts, but there is also a white substance that looks like urates. Has anyone else seen this in a regurge? Is it possible that the pinky bits (mostly legs/arms/tails so they are identifiable) are passing through their systems without being properly digested?

Both of them are acting fine, and it doesn't happen after every meal. I'm still finding regular poo and urates as well, so I don't think there's a blockage or anything like that. They aren't really growing that well, but they are both energetic and not looking thin anymore (making it hard to figure out who's been regurging). I'm not so surprised that their systems are a bit sensitive, but mainly I'm confused about the white, urate-like substance in the regurge?

guidofatherof5
08-08-2014, 05:46 AM
A photo or two would really help. Thanks.

RedSidedSPR
08-08-2014, 09:18 AM
one of mine just hurled a mouse up this morning as well.

must be an epidemic.

d_virginiana
08-08-2014, 01:11 PM
If it happens again I'll try and get a picture. I noticed this at about 4am so I just cleaned it up and went to bed lol.
I'm going to try fish for the next couple of feedings since that seems like it's easier to digest...

d_virginiana
08-09-2014, 01:18 PM
Mystery solved: I fed only the one with neuro issues last night, and he ate a couple pieces of fish. This afternoon, there was poo that, even though it looked poorly digested, was definitely poo. It was easier to tell with fish chunks than with pinkie legs, but I think that one baby just doesn't digest food well.

He seems to feel fine, so I think I'm just going to try feeding smaller meals more often.

guidofatherof5
08-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Mystery solved: I fed only the one with neuro issues last night, and he ate a couple pieces of fish. This afternoon, there was poo that, even though it looked poorly digested, was definitely poo. It was easier to tell with fish chunks than with pinkie legs, but I think that one baby just doesn't digest food well.

He seems to feel fine, so I think I'm just going to try feeding smaller meals more often.

Maybe with more time his digestive issue will dissipate. Glad you were able to piece this whole thing together.

d_virginiana
08-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I feel like it'll improve with time. He's grown a little in the month or so since he started eating, so he's definitely getting at least some nutrients.