PDA

View Full Version : question about partial birth

slipknot711
07-30-2014, 10:04 AM
as we know, my Chex had gotten out maybe a month ago or so. she had maybe 3-4 stillborns (they were as small as the dekay babies) and maybe 5 jellies... i notice she is now getting that gravid birth sign (now mind you i thought chex may have been gravid but couldnt really tell when the accident occured) so to get back to my question, could this be a new "pregnancy" or could she have retained some from before? shes been looking rather big. and after the incident when she had the jellies and babies she got back to her skinny garter self.

guidofatherof5
07-30-2014, 11:06 AM
This situation concerns me. Is she eating, pooping, moving, tongue flicking as normal?
What do you see that makes you think "gravid" Photos would be helpful.

slipknot711
07-30-2014, 11:55 AM
ill try to get some photos of her tonight, she is eating great. my cat had her corned bit a tiny bit off of her tail which she has shed and has healed great. i had checked for wounds found none, put her back in tank, saw her "babies (for sake of story)" i kept a close eye on her. she kept to herself for maybe a week, but she has been eating since the day after this had happened. the only reason i went looking around in her cage was because she looked thin after the cat incident (within an hour of putting her back), now she is back to being a husky girl. this is why i am baffled.

slipknot711
07-31-2014, 05:04 AM
here is chex, and on next to penny, chex was actually rather skinny right after the incident. wasnt sure if she retained some of the babies. idk if you can see her lil nub tail in the picture, but it healed great and shed off perfect. 1097010971

guidofatherof5
07-31-2014, 05:27 AM
I don't see anything that sends up a red flag. I thought I would see a suspicious bulge somewhere so I'm quite relieved.
If she's behaving normally(eating, pooping, drinking, moving, tongue flicking) I wouldn't worry too much but keep a closer eye on her until you feel more comfortable/relaxed.;)

slipknot711
07-31-2014, 06:01 AM
was just curious. i forgot who, maybe shawn? made a comment after the incident to not be surprised if she still had some left in her... so i tried looking up a question similar to mine but couldnt find it, but nope she is a healthy girl, nub tail and all, and i think one of my prettiest ladies :D she will get some extra loving and attenton :D i let the dekay babies go with other dekay babies the same size i found while out looking for milk snakes. and MOST of the baby garters are eating. just an update :)