PDA

View Full Version : Appreciation! (forum members).

Muslim1
06-16-2014, 11:18 AM
My journey into Thamnophis sp. has been a learning experience and I cannot thank all of you enough. Between Steve and everyone elses knowledge I am truly blessed. I had no idea that a supposed "garbage" or "dime a dozen" sp. of Colubrid could be truly one of the most fascinating snakes. Period.

Jazakallah khair,
Steven

guidofatherof5
06-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Garters are the best kept secret in the snake hobby, we want to keep it that way.
Those of us who keep them are blessed be be working with them.

chris-uk
06-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Garters are a revelation. I wonder if I'd have more than one snake now if my first snake had been a royal python.

slipknot711
06-17-2014, 10:27 AM
lol i have garters and balls (hehe) garters are so much more interesting. smart little buggers too!!!!!!!! love my ball pythons too tho 1063810639

Mommy2many
06-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Garters are awesome snakes! They are so curious about us and we about them. They have so many colors, variations and are so friendly, why would you want another kind?

EasternGirl
06-19-2014, 08:50 AM
I agree with all of the statements above. When people ask me..."Ewww...you have snakes? Why? For what purpose?"...and all of those types of questions...I always tell them...you just don't know garters...they will change your view on snakes, guaranteed. Btw, Le Ann, love your quote...and I am terrified of Adam Levine and David Beckham...oh, and David Boreanaz....and spiders!

Didymus20X6
06-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Five years ago, I was terrified of snakes. That is, until a veritable stampede of garters started migrating into my yard. Thanks to this forum, not only was able to get a positive verification of the species, but also lots of helpful information that aided me in safely capturing, releasing, and ultimately keeping these wonderful creatures myself.

Thanks to this forum, more than 40 (probably closer to 50) Eastern Garters have been safely relocated away from human habitation, as well as 3 White Oak Rat Snakes. And Little Dude has a nice comfortable home.