PDA

View Full Version : Litter#6 2014 similis

BLUESIRTALIS
05-27-2014, 07:38 AM
One of my female similis dropped 29 decent sized healthy babies and 6 stillborns which i think is because she held on to them too long. A few of them are stripeless. I feel blessed that i have had some very nice sized litters this year so far. I will try to post some pics of the babies soon.

guidofatherof5
05-27-2014, 09:30 AM
One of my female similis dropped 29 decent sized healthy babies and 6 stillborns which i think is because she held on to them too long. A few of them are stripeless. I feel blessed that i have had some very nice sized litters this year so far. I will try to post some pics of the babies soon.

We understand. You have a lot of scrubs to feed this Spring.

mikem
05-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Congrats, Shawn! That's a lot of little similis! :cool:

rickymar81
05-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Congrats. Can't wiat to see the new scrubs

Eddie
05-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Awesome bro!
Thats a big litter :)

Jeff B
05-27-2014, 08:58 PM
That's a heck of a litter....what's your secret? Have you been spraying your snakes with Lama fertilizer?
Llama Brew - Home (http://llamabrew.com/)

BLUESIRTALIS
05-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Can't tell you! Lol! Looks like my luck ran out last night though. The most anticipated litter all year that i have really been looking forward too was my florida albino x anery 100% het albino and she slugged out dang it! How come it's always the ones you want the most that this happens to. I still feel blessed to have 6 big healthy litters though and it was my anery males first time breeing and he was a little small so maybe next year. Fingers crossed!
that's a heck of a litter....what's your secret? Have you been spraying your snakes with lama fertilizer?
llama brew - home (http://llamabrew.com/)

guidofatherof5
05-28-2014, 06:34 AM
Sorry to here about the slugs. It's always a shame when life doesn't get a chance but there were reasons for it.
When I first got into garters I was devastated at the loss of one snake. In the years to follow I've learned there is far more to this life and death thing then I realized and have come to accept my losses. In most cases nature really does know best.

BLUESIRTALIS
05-28-2014, 07:09 AM
When i left for work this morning she still had a few to go so i hope she pushes them all out. She dropped 12 babies the year before last and didn't breed last year so i'm thinking it's because the male wasn't ready yet maybe next year.

mikem
05-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear it, Shawn :(

BLUESIRTALIS
05-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Thanks mike! It's part of it. Sometimes things like this happen.
sorry to hear it, shawn :(

Eddie
05-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Sorry bro!!

BLUESIRTALIS
05-29-2014, 05:24 AM
Thanks Ed! I'm going to tempt to breed her to my flame next year. Next year will also be anery to anery both 100% het fl. albino. I have 2.4, 2.2 are anery and 0.2 are normal looking florida easterns, but they are all 100% het albino so fingers crossed for a new snow strain.
Sorry bro!!

Jeff B
05-30-2014, 10:50 PM
that's a good attitude and the one you will need to stick with it, count your blessings and take your lumps, keep your chin up and there is always next year.....unless you quit and "get out of garters"

Can't tell you! Lol! Looks like my luck ran out last night though. The most anticipated litter all year that i have really been looking forward too was my florida albino x anery 100% het albino and she slugged out dang it! How come it's always the ones you want the most that this happens to. I still feel blessed to have 6 big healthy litters though and it was my anery males first time breeing and he was a little small so maybe next year. Fingers crossed!