PDA

View Full Version : Tempurature

Josh
07-18-2007, 01:39 AM
At night my temp. is 83 degrees is this a problem?

Stefan-A
07-18-2007, 01:47 AM
I think it's pretty high, but I'd like to see what other people think. That's like normal daytime temperature for me right now and I'm concerned about that, too. :D

My snakes are still basking, though.

Josh
07-18-2007, 01:48 AM
yea i never heard of cooling the tank?

Stefan-A
07-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Fish tanks for our local fish species often require cooling, but I have no idea how it could be done in a terrarium. Improving ventilation has helped for me in the past, but it's still not a great solution. Depending on the cause of the problem, it might not help at all.

Ok, so I have a few ideas that I'd like to test, but I'd rather keep them to myself. :D

Josh
07-18-2007, 02:01 AM
well i moved it into my airconditioned room.
temp now at 81.
Ill keep posting temps.

Josh
07-18-2007, 02:07 AM
Alright the temp. is down to 79.

Josh
07-18-2007, 02:12 AM
I had to move it back because of space i dont like when tanks are on the ground

Josh
07-18-2007, 02:29 AM
Ughhhh I moved it back to the A.C. room with a table so im happy:)
But this is only for know So can anybody suggest a cooling system??

drache
07-18-2007, 06:24 AM
All I've come up with is the AC, which in our case we only got because it seemed more economical than chillers for several fish tanks (at the time)
we don't keep our AC set that low either and I'm a bit worried about the crested gecko and the tarantula
additionally the lizards like it hot, so I'm heating their cages in the ACd room - what an energy waste
can't wait for Stefan's ideas - I imagine they're a step up from tossing ice cubes in the fish tank

Stefan-A
07-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Expensive and overly complicated and require an external water pump. I'm not going to go into the details of my insane plans. :D But water cooling was the only thing I could come up with. :rolleyes:

Simple is always better.

GarterGuy
07-18-2007, 09:30 AM
OK, why is it soo hot in the tank at night????? Usually if you just turn off all your heating elements during the night, the temp. will drop down to normal night time temps. If it's just that darn hot in your house, how do you even sleep at night??????:eek: I actually keep an exhaust fan in the window of my reptile room. That way I can "blow" the hot air out of it during the day and then reverse it at night and bring in the cooler night time air. They're not too expensive and a lot cheaper to run then AC. Over all the snakes should be able to handle it for a while, as long as they've got fresh water available.

Roy

enigma200316
07-18-2007, 11:14 AM
I have not tried this yet,but it is what I wanted to do, and of course this would only work if you had one....I intend to put all my tank animals in my basement its concreate and cool in the summer, and cool but not cold in the winter bucause of the furnace.....I think I could maintain a better temp. between day and night there......just my idea I'll let ya know how it works.......

Josh
07-18-2007, 11:18 AM
OK, why is it soo hot in the tank at night????? Usually if you just turn off all your heating elements during the night, the temp. will drop down to normal night time temps. If it's just that darn hot in your house, how do you even sleep at night??????:eek: I actually keep an exhaust fan in the window of my reptile room. That way I can "blow" the hot air out of it during the day and then reverse it at night and bring in the cooler night time air. They're not too expensive and a lot cheaper to run then AC. Over all the snakes should be able to handle it for a while, as long as they've got fresh water available.

Roy

I do have a fan!!!! lol Its at 71 now so we are fine,

Lee
07-18-2007, 07:44 PM
My tanks stay around 85 (86 today), its middle of summer and we have no AC, fans are on always but its still pretty warm, Its even hotter oustide so I'm not worried..

GarterGirl
07-19-2007, 04:33 PM
I don't really know what the temp. is in my tanks.
Drache takes care of that.

Josh
07-19-2007, 04:35 PM
cool it gets me nervous i find myself staring at the thermometer every time i go in my room

enigma200316
07-20-2007, 07:24 AM
thats not always a bad thing....its good to know the temp. at all times!!!!

Lee
07-22-2007, 01:16 AM
I don't even check the temp, mine isn't heated its all the same as the house if not a little warmer inside the viv.. There is really nothing to worry about unless it gets very cold or your house catches on fire.

CrazyHedgehog
07-22-2007, 03:54 AM
If we didn't heat them in the UK the poor things would be in permenant hibernation!!