PDA

View Full Version : A couple favorite females plumping up

Jeff B
02-23-2014, 12:20 AM
I brought my garters up from brumation at the first of the year. Some of my females are on the feed bag and laying on heat which is usually a sign that they have babies growing inside them. Took some pics today of a few of my favorites.

guidofatherof5
02-23-2014, 07:14 AM
All beautiful and looking gravid which is the same thing in this case.

Eddie
02-23-2014, 08:21 AM
That is an awesome ery/flame. What was she bred too? They are all awesome.
Good luck with them!

mikem
02-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Beautiful girls!

Scott F
02-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Those are all real beauties (especially the ery flame), good luck with them !

Scott

sirtalis01
02-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Good luck Jeff...love them all :D

Jeff B
02-23-2014, 09:35 PM
That is an awesome ery/flame. What was she bred too? They are all awesome.
Good luck with them!

Ed the ery female is also het albino, so bred her to my snow male.

BLUESIRTALIS
02-24-2014, 06:31 AM
Nice looking group girls! Hope everything goes well this breeding season! That ery/flame is HOT!

ConcinusMan
02-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Yeah. Definitely going to be watching for that one to pop. If i gotta prepay in full now, whatever it takes, I want early pic of the litter on those! Did anyone else notice how Jeff's all seem to have that eye ring? As I was saying before, when I see that, it tends to be all the snakes certain keepers have so there's definitely something going with the husbandry that causes that. Not saying it's necessarily good or bad but seems some peoples snakes all have that.

Jeff B
02-24-2014, 09:27 PM
It might be because they are kept in tubs and don't get a lot of natural light. Ideally I would like to keep all my snakes in cages with UV light or better ye sunlight and tons of space.

EKS56
02-27-2014, 12:23 AM
Pretty... :)

gregmonsta
02-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah. Definitely going to be watching for that one to pop. If i gotta prepay in full now, whatever it takes, I want early pic of the litter on those! Did anyone else notice how Jeff's all seem to have that eye ring? As I was saying before, when I see that, it tends to be all the snakes certain keepers have so there's definitely something going with the husbandry that causes that. Not saying it's necessarily good or bad but seems some peoples snakes all have that.

I think a lot of the time it comes down to weight. I've seen this more on 'big' girls and boys or at least it's more pronounced.

ConcinusMan
03-01-2014, 01:12 PM
I didn't want to say it before but I also think it is possibly caused by being overfed consistently.

Scott F
03-01-2014, 11:38 PM
I didn't want to say it before but I also think it is possibly caused by being overfed consistently

Then why did you say it ??

I don't agree with that assessment, they look gravid.

Reagrds,

Scott

ConcinusMan
03-02-2014, 01:21 AM
I didn't want to say it before but I also think it is possibly caused by being overfed consistently

Then why did you say it ??

Because that's what I think.

I don't agree with that assessment,

who cares.

they look gravid.

They certainly do.