PDA

View Full Version : Hamm, Germany.

Lulu Bennett
07-14-2007, 04:38 PM
who from wales and england is going to Hamm??

adamanteus
07-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Me, me. I'm going!:D :D

CrazyHedgehog
07-14-2007, 04:41 PM
me too me too me too
yipppppeeeeee...

ScimitarX
07-14-2007, 04:42 PM
We are thinking about going, always wanted to go to a european show

Lulu Bennett
07-14-2007, 04:42 PM
where abouts in wales r u from?

CrazyHedgehog
07-14-2007, 04:43 PM
where abouts in wales r u from?
Now Near Rhyl...
But used to live in Bangor....
LLandudno....
and LLanfairfechan..

Lulu Bennett
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
ahh north wales. not far from prestatyn.

CrazyHedgehog
07-14-2007, 04:49 PM
wow, thats 5 mins away...
(<<< thats where I was racing the car - Prestatyn raceway on Dizzy bends)

Lulu Bennett
07-14-2007, 04:50 PM
my nan used to live on preshaven sands loli loved going into rhyl.

Josh
07-14-2007, 07:01 PM
My dad asked me were to go on vacation i said germany. He said ok. So asked him about the show he said maybe if were by there so we might go!!!!!!!!!!!

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Wow, Josh! That would be something!

Sputnik
07-15-2007, 02:26 AM
I'd really love to go, this excitement here is contagious, lol. Not sure how to get there though, Money is tight and I bet it's too late to get a cheap flight. Anyway money would be better spent on a couple of lovely snakes than an expensive plane ticket. :D

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Probably better to drive anyway, Esther....If you fly you'd need car hire at the other end, then there's the issue of carrying snakes home through two airports! I'm driving there if I can't get a lift.

Sputnik
07-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Of course. Snakes on a plane... not a good idea. :D

Driving, my dear James, could be just as complicated. There is the small issue of having to take lessons. Many. Then getting a car. hehe.

Is there anyone who organises a herp friendly bus?

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 02:34 AM
If you could get to me, or meet me, I'd take you over with me.:)

Sputnik
07-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Do you bite? Or hiss? :D

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Both! Very, very dangerous species!

Sputnik
07-15-2007, 02:42 AM
:eek: Venomous, too?

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Haha! No, not venomous. And I only bite if I'm asked!;)

Stefan-A
07-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Wow, congratulations Josh!

Morph
07-15-2007, 03:17 AM
i really would love to go but i'm leaving my wife for 4 days next month to go to bloodstock so im pretty sure she would be annoyed if i went to germany as well.

its a shame... would make a great birthday trip

Stefan-A
07-15-2007, 03:19 AM
So, who's going to be selling at Hamm?

Can't make the trip myself, unfortunately, but I did find someone that will pick up snakes for me.

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 03:19 AM
Well, so far we only have two definite affirmative answers, myself and CrazyHedgehog. That leaves a lot of empty car seats! C'mon guys, it'll be a scream!:D

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 03:20 AM
C'mon guys, it'll be a scream!:D

Especially if Inge's driving!:eek:

Morph
07-15-2007, 03:22 AM
can anybody give me an idea of how much the trip is likely to cost?

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 03:24 AM
Just a share of fuel and the ferry crossing, I guess. (Plus the vast quantities of cash that will be blown at the venue!:eek: )

Morph
07-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Just a share of fuel and the ferry crossing, I guess. (Plus the vast quantities of cash that will be blown at the venue!:eek: )

and i'm guessing hotel costs too... i cant see anyone would want to do a return journey in 1 day

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 03:52 AM
and i'm guessing hotel costs too... i cant see anyone would want to do a return journey in 1 day

Good point Morph, I'm still considering going in the van rather than the car. Then I can crash out in the back!:D

Morph
07-15-2007, 03:55 AM
do u think there is any fields or anything nearby? might be worth turning it into a camping trip... maybe with some night time herping

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 03:58 AM
do u think there is any fields or anything nearby? might be worth turning it into a camping trip... maybe with some night time herping

I don't know. You could check it out on Google Earth. As I say, I might camp out in the van....sleeping bag, stove etc. It will be a tiring trip, no doubt, but well worth the effort I think.

Sputnik
07-15-2007, 04:05 AM
Yeah, I'd be quite happy to camp out, too. Failing that, does France still have those really cheap Formula1 hotels? Unless we're much closer to Belgium or Holland of course.

Btw., does anyone else apart from me speak German?

Morph
07-15-2007, 04:14 AM
i speak a limited ammount of german. i know enough to hold a polite conversation. i also speak a small ammount of mandinka, wolof, afrikaans, greek, spanish and cockney :D

Sputnik
07-15-2007, 04:18 AM
Lol, impressive! Who knows when they might come in handy.

Being originally German, I speak it fluently. Well, when I get lazy or have to talk about giving birth, which I did in England, I kinda loose it.

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 04:21 AM
i speak a limited ammount of german. i know enough to hold a polite conversation. i also speak a small ammount of mandinka, wolof, afrikaans, greek, spanish and cockney :D

I speak a little English, but rather badly! je parle un peu l'francaise aussi, mais pas tres bien. Ich sprecken kein Deutch. (Obviously!:rolleyes: )

Daniel
07-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Hey Stefan,

some frieds of mine will have a table at the show in Hamm. They will take most of our Thamnophis to the show. This time is the first time since 2001 I miss a show. Friends of mine get married, so I have to be there ;) What a pitty ;) But it wouldn´t be a problem to give you a list of the available snakes, so you can chose some for you in advance. Our table will be in the big hall in row number 5 ;) (Here you can find a compendium of the show: ..:: Terraristika Hamm ::.. - Zentralhallen Hamm (http://www.terraristikahamm.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=46&lang=de)
The entry is at the bottom, where you can see "Kassen". The big yellow part of the plan is the big hall, where I do have my table.)

Best wishes,

Daniel

CrazyHedgehog
07-15-2007, 04:56 AM
Especially if Inge's driving!:eek:

OY!!

(anyway - you will be too petrified to scream! ):p

CrazyHedgehog
07-15-2007, 04:59 AM
If you haven't been before....
its a manic fight to get in, cos several hundred people all want to be the first in! I actually got carried in last time, my feet were not actually touching the floor!!

And OMG it is HOT!! DO NOT take a jacket or jumper in 'just in case'

ssssnakeluvr
07-15-2007, 06:29 AM
impressive..I only know how to speak english and jibberish!!!! :eek:

Gijs & Sabine
07-15-2007, 06:38 AM
If a lot of people are going to the Hamm show , we should definitaly organize some kind of meeting there. It's a great opportunity to meet some members of this forum :)

zooplan
07-15-2007, 02:01 PM
There is usualy an inofficial and open EGSA meeting at 13.00 on the left side of the "Tribühnenhalle".

..:: Terraristika Hamm ::.. - Zentralhallen Hamm (http://www.terraristikahamm.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=40&lang=de)

If I go to Hamm you may find me there!

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 02:11 PM
It would seem you're all too scared of my obvious weirdness to share the journey with me. So I will be riding shot-gun to Chloe and Inge, who are naive enough to believe I'm "okay"!:eek: Fools! Don't risk it!

chloe
07-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Just to let uk members know. Brian Davis from the IHS is organizing a Coach trip to the Hamm show. Let me know if you want more details.

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 02:19 PM
There is usualy an inofficial and open EGSA meeting at 13.00 on the left side of the "Tribühnenhalle".
If I go to Hamm you may find me there!

Hope to see you there, Udo!:)

GarterGirl
07-15-2007, 02:22 PM
impressive..I only know how to speak english and jibberish!!!! :eek:

I can speak english and some german.
I used to know how to speak german just as well as a person from germany but when I moved to New York, I kind of lost it:o

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Just to let uk members know. Brian Davis from the IHS is organizing a Coach trip to the Hamm show. Let me know if you want more details.

Thanks, Chloe. I know Esther was asking about buses, so there may be some interest.:)

chloe
07-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Daniel, I am sorry to hear you won't be at the show this time.

Daniel
07-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Chloe,

yes, it is just a pitty. But no worries: all your animals will be at my table. It´s the same place you met me the last time. The only "things" you will hopefully miss are my girlfriend and me :D

BTW: congratulations to your baby-Bigboys ;)

Best wishes,

Daniel

CrazyHedgehog
07-15-2007, 03:32 PM
It would seem you're all too scared of my obvious weirdness to share the journey with me. So I will be riding shot-gun to Chloe and Inge, who are naive enough to believe I'm "okay"!:eek: Fools! Don't risk it!

It really can't get anyworse than last time...
Half way there the driver lets us know that he only passed his test a month ago...(and driving to Germany....)
We found out later that it was because he had been 'inside' until then.....

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Half way there the driver lets us know that he only passed his test a month ago....

Test? What test? :D

Josh
07-15-2007, 04:33 PM
woah this is wierd, there is like three threads in one!!

Josh
07-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Is there all kinds of reptiles there or just garters?

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 04:47 PM
All kinds of reptiles, Josh.
A reptile expo dedicated to Garters alone...now that would be something!

Josh
07-15-2007, 04:53 PM
yea it would.
I cant wait to see if we go.
my pop said the only way we wont go is money and passports,because the whole war on terror stuff it is really hard to travel.
But i hope we go.
I love europe.
When im older my dad and i are moving to england.:)

adamanteus
07-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Don't let the "terror hype" spoil things for you,Josh. Come on over, it'd be great to meet you!

GGarter
07-15-2007, 06:13 PM
If a lot of people are going to the Hamm show , we should definitaly organize some kind of meeting there. It's a great opportunity to meet some members of this forum :)

A great idea guys!

I'm going as well and I would love to have a plain old nerdy garter talk....:D
It's my first time and I don't know the buildings, so could you maybe recommend a place/time if people are up to it?

Can't wait!

Greets Tore.

Josh
07-15-2007, 08:28 PM
O can anybody give me an adress of the place please lol

chloe
07-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Heres the address

TERRARISTIKA HAMM
Zentralhallen Hamm
Ökonomierat-Peitzmeier-Platz 2
59063 Hamm in Westfalen

drache
07-16-2007, 06:16 AM
I thought you guys had a tunnel over there now
what happened to that?
is it pricey?
or just for trains?
I remember taking the ferry
which one are you taking - Le Havre or Rotterdam?
wish I could come . . .
jealous of you, Josh

Sputnik
07-16-2007, 12:46 PM
You can't drive through the tunnel, you have to load your car onto a train.

drache
07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
aahh
then there's no difference
do they still have both ferry routes?

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 01:34 PM

They really thought that one through, didn't they?:rolleyes:

Sputnik
07-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah, indeed. I guess they might have thought it would be safer. If you imagine all these cars underground, with many drivers able to make mistakes, crashes could be more severe than if you load them all onto a train, where they can't move independently. A pile-up in the tunnel would be a total nightmare and the fire risk would be enormous.

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
With the exception of the fire risk, I see no difference between a crash in a tunnel or on a normal motorway. I think they did it this way so that they could charge a much higher toll.

Sputnik
07-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah, you're probably right.

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 01:59 PM
but an explosion is a hell of a lot worse. people will die because of that, because of the crash, stampeeding on the way out, no access for fire crews so that would lead to an inferno in a compact area...

Gijs & Sabine
07-16-2007, 02:03 PM
@ Tore: Udo said there is already an EGSA meeting, so I think when you and other members from the forum want to meet eachother, let's do it then !! We (or at least me, Sabine) will visit that meeting. I hope others will too :rolleyes:
In the link you see the the floor plan of the building.

..:: Terraristika Hamm ::.. - Zentralhallen Hamm (http://www.terraristikahamm.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=40&lang=de)

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Trains can burn too, and derail, the same problems apply. Fire crews have trouble accessing the scene of an accident on a blocked motorway. I believe the tunnel has parallel service roads for just such an instance.
I think it's just the claustrobic feeling you get imagining a crash in there...but in truth it would be the same.

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 02:07 PM
but there are alot more car crashes than there are train crashes

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Lulu, maybe we should argue this one elsewhere? We're hijacking the Hamm thread with our talk of horrific underground carnage!:eek:

drache
07-16-2007, 02:15 PM
I believe the reason they did it that way was because trains have lower emissions, requiring less elaborate ventilation, thus reducing both construction and maintenance costs considerably, which at the time was possibly the biggest driving factor behind the decision
now, it kind of makes environmental sense as well
just imagine the amount of heat generated by a massive traffic jam, which it was bound to be

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
we agree to disagree. james how much am i looking at for some san frans male and female babys? :D

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I think (but not sure) about 80 euros each at the show...About £130- each in the UK. Guess where I'm getting mine!:rolleyes:

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I think (but not sure) about 80 euros each at the show...About £130- each in the UK. Guess where I'm getting mine!:rolleyes:
how much is 80euros in GBP? if i give you some money?? :D coz you love me!!

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I think it's about £55-. Sure, I'll get you some. Best make sure I got the price right first though.

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 02:25 PM
I think it's about £55-. Sure, I'll get you some. Best make sure I got the price right first though.

on that site wrote in Germandoes it have a list of snakes on sale?

Sputnik
07-16-2007, 02:33 PM
There is someone selling San Fran.garter on there, I think they were 100 Euros each, will check again as they are what I'd like to go for, too. And maybe a melanistic, too. Or a bloodred corn...

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't know Lou, but I doubt it. I guess the stall-holders just bring "their stuff". I think you really need to be there. If you want SFs, you could buy them in advance (from Gijs and Sabine or JewelDragons) and I could collect them for you. For a HUGE service fee!:eek: :D

Sputnik
07-16-2007, 02:39 PM
If you go to "Kleinanzeigen", then to "Schlangen", some of the ads are in English, if not and you're interested in something specific I can translate it for you.

This guy sells them for 100 Euros each, but only as a pair:

..:: Terraristika Hamm ::.. - Marktplatz - Kategorie - _UE_MA_CAT_SNAKES - Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia NZ (http://www.terraristikahamm.de/index.php?option=com_marketplace&page=show_ad&catid=8&adid=2070&Itemid=66&lang=de)
James is right, better buy of our lovely forum friends anyway. :)

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 02:56 PM
ahh thanks thats cool i will have a word with them. what about Diadophis punctatus ([Ringneck] for thoes like me and no clue with their scientific name lol) i think some of them have beautiful but are they easy to keep if i get them and how big do they grow too?

Josh
07-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Heres the address

TERRARISTIKA HAMM
Zentralhallen Hamm
Ökonomierat-Peitzmeier-Platz 2
59063 Hamm in Westfalen

Thank you very much.

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 02:59 PM
ahh thanks thats cool i will have a word with them. what about Diadophis punctatus ([Ringneck] for thoes like me and no clue with their scientific name lol) i think some of them have beautiful but are they easy to keep if i get them and how big do they grow too?

Diadophis are usually pretty cheap as imports, but I don't know if anyone breeds them, Lulu. They are pretty easy to keep...plus you have me, I'll help!:)

Just checked, and I'm paying 80 euros for my SFs.

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 03:15 PM
i have just PM'ed Gijs and Sabine to see if i can reserve some. i really hope thats ok i really am looking forward to this now atleast if i cant get there then i can atleast get some beautiful, sexy, cute snakes hehehehe! sorry a giddy moment :p i will have a word with manchester P&A to see if they will get any in. are they often sold in shops or am i best going to a private breeder? what is their natural colour because i have noticed a load of diferent colours all very viberant :D

Sputnik
07-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok, I feel I have to make a decision here and sadly it's going to be a sensible one. As much as I'd love to come with you (and thank you very much for the offer of a lift, James :) ) I feel I might have to stay behind this time. It's not without good reason though... My sister, who lives near Frankfurt is getting married a week later, but I can't just stay on in Germany as I have to get back to collect my kids and have tickets for the train to Bruxelles on Wednesday, 19th of September. :( Gutted.

But I'd definately like to go another time and I think it would be great if we could meet sometime soon anyway.

If I sorted the money out, how would you feel about doing my shopping for me, too, James? Pretty please? :D

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
MP&A will never have them, and if they did they would be fortunes!! To see a typical adult browse through Chloes gallery, or type tetrataenia into the search box at the top of this page. X.

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 03:45 PM
i will have a word with manchester P&A to see if they will get any in. are they often sold in shops or am i best going to a private breeder? what is their natural colour because i have noticed a load of diferent colours all very viberant :D

sorry james i meant the ringneck when i said this lol i wondered why i couldnt find anything in chloes gallery on them lol

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah, you see Ringnecks in the shops every now and then. Nearly always wild-caught though.

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 03:50 PM
oh i am not interested in WC snakes especially not when there are people that are breeding them. its crule taking more out of the wild when there are already so many that are CB. i will just have to keep my eye out. there are a few new reptile shops opening near me so i will have a look in them and see what i can dig up.

adamanteus
07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
oh i am not interested in WC snakes .

Good for you!;)

Lulu Bennett
07-16-2007, 04:09 PM
lol ty i guess but i dont see the point i would perfere to look for the ringneck for years before finding one rather than get one that is WC i mean try living not being able to leave a house day after day being stuck in there once you have had the taste of a good life and freedom.
Besides the challenge of looking for a beautiful snakes makes it all worth the wait.

adamanteus
07-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Those of us who are going to Hamm in September.... Do you think we should make ourselves badges marked with "Thamnophis.com" and our screen-name, so that we will recognise each other? I've been doing "crafts" with my daughter today....it seems I have a talent for gluing, sticking and making badges!!:rolleyes:

Gijs & Sabine
07-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Cool !!! Can I order 2 ? :D

adamanteus
07-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Doh! Did I inadvertently volunteer myself?:D

Gijs & Sabine
07-21-2007, 02:57 PM
As it seems you have talent for this I thought This is really something for you to do. As moderator you always have do a bit more......:D :p

adamanteus
07-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Okay then!:rolleyes: Just for you.

Gijs & Sabine
07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Thnx, you're very nice;)

ScimitarX
07-21-2007, 05:35 PM
i got my pair of baby SF's from a shop in Stockport.

adamanteus
07-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Were they expensive, Claire?

ScimitarX
07-21-2007, 05:47 PM
It was £240 for the pair, which i dont think was a bad price. Think they breed a few garter species, last time i was there they had lots of tiny baby checkereds. Its also the shop i got my Nerodia from.

adamanteus
07-21-2007, 05:53 PM
£120- each....the European price seems to be around 80 Euros....£55- which is less than half the price! I'm picking up 1.2 at this price next Saturday. I think UK prices in general are rather high.

CrazyHedgehog
07-21-2007, 05:57 PM
They are, but I sent an order for one at the march Hamm show and unless I was willing to pay hundreds for one, didn't get...
Too poor and didn't get one...

(but roll on Hamm in September!)

adamanteus
07-21-2007, 05:58 PM
You have them now though, don't you Inge?

ScimitarX
07-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Hmmm, dont know that much about European pricing, as we haven't been able to get to any of the shows before, thinking of going to one in the near future though.

CrazyHedgehog
07-21-2007, 06:01 PM
:) I have two yes....but I would like to get a few more in the hope of differring gene pool ( I know its a long shot... but....)

adamanteus
07-21-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm so excited...next Saturday I will have 1.2 Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia, I can hardly believe it!!:D

ScimitarX
07-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Thats so cool!!:D

I love the excitement and anticipation of getting new snakes.

Josh
07-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Hamm is next saturday???

CrazyHedgehog
07-21-2007, 07:12 PM
no no... just james getting some early from the uk....

Josh
07-21-2007, 09:22 PM
o sheesh
o boy got a bit nervous

adamanteus
07-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Don't panic, Josh, Hamm isn't until September!
I am buying my T. s. tetrataenia from Sabine (in the Netherlands) but she is coming to the UK next weekend, so I will be able to collect them early.

Lulu Bennett
07-22-2007, 04:23 PM
im getting 1.1 too :D yey. yippidedoda
where are you meeting sabine james?

adamanteus
07-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm meeting her in Hull on Saturday afternoon. PM me, MSN me, or text me for arrangements Lulu.

Snaky
07-24-2007, 08:15 AM
A bit late, but I'm also going to Hamm this year.

I skipped a few years, because Hamm is a bit too big and too crowded for me... But you can find a lot there, so every few years it's fun to go to. Not that I really need something, since I'm also going to buy a few snake's from Sabine & Gijs. I will be fun to meet some of you guys:)

GGarter
07-25-2007, 06:21 AM
The prices for the tetrataenia are very high where you are from i think...
I saw babies for 55 euros in my home town....
Maybe it was just extraordinary:rolleyes:

Sid
07-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Best of luck to each of you on the Hamm trip. Hope you find all you are hoping for....and at dirt cheap prices;)

Sid

zooplan
09-07-2007, 06:52 AM
The count down is running, so I like to reactivate this thread.
Is there any agreement about time and place of a meeting in Hamm?
I´ll be there!
I´ll be in the tribune hall at 13.00.
It´s also the traditional time and place for EGSA-members to meet at the show.

Snaky
09-07-2007, 07:08 AM
I have a meeting there with Gijs&Sabine, so I'll certainly be there at that time :)

Gijs & Sabine
09-07-2007, 07:40 AM
We'll be there too :p
We are looking sooooo forward to it!!

So to everybody who is going to the Hamm show next saturday, make sure you be in the tribune hall at 13:00. Here is the link again:
..:: Terraristika Hamm ::.. - Zentralhallen Hamm (http://www.terraristikahamm.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=46&lang=de)

Hope to meet a lot of members there :rolleyes:

chloe
09-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Can't wait to meet all you guys. Not long now.

CrazyHedgehog
09-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I am just tooooooooooooo excited!!!:eek:

zooplan
09-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I´m glad to be at home again.
Big show, bigger crowd, biggest fun to meet some members there.
But now I´ve got to rest and will post some photos tomorrow.

Stefan-A
09-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm so excited. :D Tomorrow (it's already Sunday here), I'll be off to pick up my snakes, provided that nothing goes wrong. ;) ~100km to drive into strange territory and I'm notoriously bad att navigating. I'm also worried about my schedule, but that's a different story. ;)

Elliot
09-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Good luck Stefan.:)

Stefan-A
09-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks. :D There are so many things that can go wrong, so I'll definitely need a bit of good luck.

People really shouldn't live right in the middle of this country's second largest city.. ;)

enigma200316
09-15-2007, 05:17 PM
good luck Stefan, and will be awaiting pics of course............:)

Snaky
09-16-2007, 01:07 AM
As always it was extremely crowded, but well worth it :)
It was fun to meet some members and I found some nice additions (most of them already spoken before). Unfortunately you guys will have to wait for picture till I have the possibility to borrow a camera:p

Good luck with the snakes Stefan, will be looking forward to some pictures ;)

zooplan
09-16-2007, 01:30 AM
some impressions of the early morning 8.00

http://www.zooplan.net/images/earlyqueue.jpg
starting of the queue

http://www.zooplan.net/images/busysellers.jpg
busy sellers beside the building

http://www.zooplan.net/images/groupies.jpg
groupies at the entrance
you may get more photos if you cry for:p

Lori P
09-16-2007, 01:25 PM
I want more photos!! I want more photos!! Don't make us all WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

adamanteus
09-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes please, Udo, more photos! Perhaps some from inside? Maybe other members also took pictures? Anybody meet with other Thamnophis.com members? Come on guys, tell all!:D
Did anyone look at the venomous snakes? Anything interesting on offer?

zooplan
09-16-2007, 02:08 PM
this is the queue at 11.45
http://www.zooplan.net/images/queueat1145.jpg

http://www.zooplan.net/images/queue2at1145.jpg

http://www.zooplan.net/images/queue3at1145.jpg

http://www.zooplan.net/images/queue4at1145.jpg
more than one and half an hour after opening of the entrance still moving

Josh
09-16-2007, 03:19 PM
come on guys i wanna see some new snake pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamanteus
09-16-2007, 03:47 PM
come on guys i wanna see some new snake pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely! And maybe some pictures of some of our members?:D

Gijs & Sabine
09-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Hahaha, I think you have to wait a little bit longer, Josh. I don't wanna disturb my new snakes right now.
I will try to make pictures tommorow.

Gijs & Sabine
09-16-2007, 04:02 PM
I just have 2 pics from the show. They were taken during the meeting.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q85/gijssabine/P1010228Small.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q85/gijssabine/P1010229Small-2.jpg

adamanteus
09-16-2007, 04:05 PM
In a few hours time I will have my new snakes from Hamm....Chloe and CrazyHedgehog are driving home as we speak, and I'm meeting them in a motorway service station to collect my 1.1 red-phase pickeringii, which they picked up for me while they were there.

Sputnik
09-16-2007, 05:21 PM
You must be pretty close to a complete subspecies collection, James. :D

It's still soooo exciting, every single time you welcome a new addition!

Elliot
09-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Cool James, tell us when you get them!

Lulu Bennett
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM
i had been told it wa a big show but i had never imagined it was THAT big lol that que was huge. glad to hear everyone enjoied themselves though xxx

Josh
09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
cool james pics when you get them!!!!

zooplan
09-16-2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.zooplan.net/images/crowd1152.jpg

http://www.zooplan.net/images/crowd11522.jpg

http://www.zooplan.net/images/crowd11523.jpg

...and the queue is still moving in

Gijs & Sabine
09-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Nice pictures, Udo !! This also gives a good view on how many people there were.

It was very nice meeting you as well !! I'm sure we see eachother again in Hamm sometime.
And thanks for the sweets you brought ;)

chloe
09-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I will post some pic's tomorrow. Had a great time, very tired, got home about 8am this morning.

Lulu Bennett
09-17-2007, 06:45 PM
i am defo going next year! if looks fantastic!

zooplan
09-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi Chloe,
nice to see your back at home.
I told some friends about your trip to Hamm but they could not believe what you´ve done to visit the show.:D
At half past twelve I was really happy to hide behind the table of a friend.
Sorry, but I got no clear shot of the meeting:o

CrazyHedgehog
09-18-2007, 02:34 PM
groupies at the entrance
after Udo put this up..James said "Absolutely! And maybe some pictures of some of our members?"
but look closely at that crowd, me, Cairn and Chloe...bottom left being 'groupies'!!!

chloe
09-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Heres a picture in the show at Hamm

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//576/medium/snakes07_057.jpg

adamanteus
09-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Mmmmm, interesting looking creature....shame about the bug crawling up her arm!:D

chloe
09-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Arriving at the Show 7.45am
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//576/medium/snakes07_053.jpg

chloe
09-18-2007, 03:25 PM
In the Theatre Hall at the show

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//576/medium/snakes07_062.jpg

enigma200316
09-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Mmmmm, interesting looking creature....shame about the bug crawling up her arm!:D

yes very interesting huh James...............:rolleyes:

zooplan
11-17-2007, 01:16 PM
groupies at the entrance

I saw Inge and chloe today in German TV;)
"Wildes Wohnzimmer" in a trailer about a guy breeding and selling snails, next to the table where Inge bought her new snake.

reptileparadise
11-17-2007, 01:29 PM
My god...look at the crowd!...

Is it like also like this with the december show?
By the way, any one going this december?
I am, and I'm very excited!

I saw Inge and chloe today in German TV;)
"Wildes Wohnzimmer" in a trailer about a guy breeding and selling snails, next to the table where Inge bought her new snake.

Yeah, We've got celebrity's on the forum!

CrazyHedgehog
11-17-2007, 07:43 PM
woohoo I hope they made me look slimmer;)

zooplan
11-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Inge, I´ve only recognized you there because you were the most beautiful girl on the set.

Hi Sjoerd,
are you going as a visitor or will you have a table?
The crowd will be much less and also the tables, its only for CB and long therm kept animals.

reptileparadise
11-18-2007, 02:52 AM
I will be going as a visitor :) Picking up some geckos
Even though the tables will be less, I guess things will still be overwelming!
I also try to buy only CB or LTC. No Wildcaughts for me :) so that wont be a big problem

zooplan
11-18-2007, 10:16 AM
I think I´m going again too.
Just to meet some people and trade some wood chips

adamanteus
11-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I won't be there:(. But I'm determined to get there next September.

reptileparadise
11-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Hope to be there then as well :)
The only thing that might stop me is a training period in Australia...

adamanteus
11-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Training for what, Sjoerd?

reptileparadise
11-18-2007, 01:50 PM
uhm...school...

Maybe I should have said, Interns? Babelfish told me ( :p) I would call it interns...Never been sure about that word for some odd reason

adamanteus
11-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Very nice, I wish I could have gone to Australia with school!

reptileparadise
11-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah...Hope to get in a tAustralia zoo, but any other thing would be fine as well. As long its in Australia :D

Ow, yeah, By the way. Going to Hamm for a pair of Eurydactylodes agricolae! Some really cool looking prehistoric geckos. Nocturnal, but still quite day active. Small (about 15 cm max) and real hardy

CrazyHedgehog
11-19-2007, 06:56 AM
I won't be there:(. But I'm determined to get there next September.

book it with the wife now James! in fact get her and holly to come, its a hell of an experience! and you could make it the last thing to do in a week away!

adamanteus
11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
book it with the wife now James! in fact get her and holly to come, its a hell of an experience! and you could make it the last thing to do in a week away!

It's Molly, not Holly.... Holly is the shared name of Molly's many doomed invertebrate victims... I mean pets.:D

Lulu Bennett
11-19-2007, 04:19 PM
James, it has already been arranged! next sept you are coming in with me and my james. just aslong as you know we are stopping over the night lol oh yeah and we will be straigh in the pub once we get 'kicked' out of the show lol

CrazyHedgehog
11-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Sorry, thought i had actually said Molly... i was thinking it!:rolleyes:

adamanteus
11-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Sorry, thought i had actually said Molly... i was thinking it!:rolleyes:

She still asks every weekend if she can come and play on your trampoline!:D

CrazyHedgehog
11-19-2007, 04:54 PM
She still asks every weekend if she can come and play on your trampoline!:D

best money I have spent in years....keeps the kids occupied for ever... and its a pure giggle machine for when you have had a drink!:D

zooplan
11-19-2007, 11:38 PM
a trampoline?
I can imagine here jumping on it whenever possible
it is our playground subtitution for cold an rainy days
in winter you allways have to care not to stumble over it in the corridor

CrazyHedgehog
11-20-2007, 04:38 AM
thats weird... this post said it didn't appear, so I wrote it again and then there were 2 the same!!

CrazyHedgehog
11-20-2007, 04:41 AM
a trampoline?
I can imagine here jumping on it whenever possible
it is our playground subtitution for cold an rainy days
in winter you allways have to care not to stumble over it in the corridor
indoors??

no its too big for indoors
its 15foot wide with a 6 foot high net above and around it!!

Lulu Bennett
11-25-2007, 03:20 PM
best money I have spent in years....keeps the kids occupied for ever... and its a pure giggle machine for when you have had a drink!:D

I used to love trampolining, did it at college untill a sumersault went wrong! i landed face down and busted my back 5 yrs ago. still cant go on them. i am gutted lol

CrazyHedgehog
11-25-2007, 04:02 PM
my son can do:
back flips
front flips
side twirly flips
you name it flips......
I can bounce on my bum and giggle alot!!:D

Lulu Bennett
11-25-2007, 04:38 PM
my son can do:
back flips
front flips
side twirly flips
you name it flips......
I can bounce on my bum and giggle alot!!:D

Lol Inge thats probably all i would have the guts to do now lol
The bouncing on my but n giggling that is lol

anji1971
11-25-2007, 09:46 PM
With a couple of drinks, bouncing on your bum and giggling can be more than enough fun! Actually sounds like more fun than I've had in a while.........maybe I need to get a trampoline too!:D

Mommy2many
11-13-2010, 05:42 PM
We were given one for free, as long as we picked it up last April. My Husband put it together on Monday and my son broke his arm on Tuesday. :eek:

ConcinusMan
11-29-2010, 07:01 PM
You can't even set one up around here unless it has the net around it that prevents you from bouncing off of it. They'll make you take it down or fine you bigtime. I suppose one could still break a bone though, even with the safety net.