PDA

View Full Version : Help....What Garter do I have?

SweetBoonie
07-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I have seen so many pictures of garter snakes and they all look different....These pictures aren't all that great, but if anyone out there can help me to know what kind of garter my buddy "Gork" is I would love it.

Thank You,
SweetBoonie

flakgunner
07-12-2007, 04:02 AM
hey,
I had the same problem,my "Indo" gartersnake,didn't look like others posted here,so I took afew pics,and got my answer.Take a look at my photos,if it's the same.

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/general-talk/1260-help-id.html

I've had this one for awhile now,will only eat fish,what does yours eat?

Joe

Stefan-A
07-12-2007, 04:10 AM
It's an indo alright. Do a forum search for Xenochrophis.

drache
07-12-2007, 05:38 AM
I agree
btw - it's not that hard to switch them to scented rodents

GarterGuy
07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Yep....looks like a Xenochrophis vittatus or Striped Keelback....also sold as Inodnesian gartersnakes. There's quite a few members here who work with them, so you should be able to find some good care advice.

Roy

adamanteus
07-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi Jennifer, welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of friendly, helpful advice hear to help you with your Xenochrophis vittatus.

GarterGirl
07-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey Jeniffer
Welcome
I don't what kind of snake it is but i definitely trust James and Stefan.
They are the snake identification *experts*

Stefan-A
07-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey Jeniffer
Welcome
I certainly am not. :) Some species are easy to identify, even from a small blurry picture, but I really couldn't spot the difference between an T. elegans and T. sirtalis.

adamanteus
07-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey Jeniffer
Welcome

Dear me! Don't go accusing me of being an expert! I'll help where I can, but there are others on this forum far better qualified to deserve the title "expert".

Lulu Bennett
07-14-2007, 06:02 AM
WOW!!! james CAN do modest! i know that took alot to say that james well done. :D

Jennifer welcome to the site sweety. everyone will try and help if we can but unfortunatly i cant do much for you im afraid. sorry hun xxx

Odie
07-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Hi, from Oregon, Jennifer :)