PDA

View Full Version : Biter...

CrazyHedgehog
10-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Anyone had a snake like this before?
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/bite.jpg

When handled, she just keeps her mouth open and swings from side to side biting continuously... she is an anuristic Plains garter..I have never had a snake really try biting before, I am sure this one is just mad!!

Thamnophis
10-15-2006, 11:59 PM
I've had one too, some years ago. Was a T. sauritus nitae. Never got used on handling and always tried to bite. Have no pics of it.

ssssnakeluvr
10-16-2006, 07:53 AM
My snow plains is that way....real aggressive.

KITKAT
11-12-2006, 12:24 PM
I had a Scarlet King that used to bite alot. A friend suggested handling it with latex gloves on both hands. Latex is very BITTER! :rolleyes:

I guess you can figure out that after a couple of mouthfulls of latex, the snake learned not to bite!:cool:

abcat1993
11-12-2006, 12:58 PM
I had a Scarlet King that used to bite alot. A friend suggested handling it with latex gloves on both hands. Latex is very BITTER! :rolleyes:

I guess you can figure out that after a couple of mouthfulls of latex, the snake learned not to bite!:cool:
You should try having rubber bands attached to your braces 24/7. :eek: Or when the orthodontists stick their hands in your mouth

Elliot
11-12-2006, 06:22 PM
[quote=
When handled, she just keeps her mouth open and swings from side to side biting continuously... [/quote]

lol great picture

ssssnakeluvr
11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
I have a few that have attitudes....my snow plains, orange red sider, florida blue, both high red Oregon red spots.....

CrazyHedgehog
11-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Well have been handling her every other day, just for 10 minutes or so and she has finaly calmed down.. hasn't bitten or musked the last 5 times now... so think we got somewhere..
Yes Chloe suggested latex gloves (and even provided me with some) but to be honest, she is that small, it doesn't really hurt..