PDA

View Full Version : Help, unable to post.

purplepiepete
06-20-2013, 05:37 PM
New but not to forums, trying to post on here is driving me blim blim not even sure if this will be successful.

guidofatherof5
06-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Looks like you have it figured out.

Under the Forum tab on the home page choose what subject you would like to post to. If it's a thread that has already been created simply go to the last post in that thread and add your post to the empty field below that last post. It's called "Quick Reply" or click the "Reply to Thread" button which is on the left side below the last thread.
Hope this has been helpful.

purplepiepete
06-20-2013, 06:14 PM
sorry if this comes across a bit blunt but I am aware how thesite works and it only seems to work if i'm real quick.

guidofatherof5
06-20-2013, 06:21 PM
No problem. Not sure why you have to be quick, can you explain?

purplepiepete
06-20-2013, 06:57 PM
unable to reply to your pm. tried to explain here but cant submit reply asked to log in ! tired now will try again tomorrow. have to type and send quickly to work.

RedSidedSPR
06-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Type it out. Copy it. Paste it. Send.

purplepiepete
06-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Thank you for replying, I tried that a few times. feels like I'm coming across a dumbass ! I am used to using this type of forum. sorry but short and sweet again.

guidofatherof5
06-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Thank you for replying, I tried that a few times. feels like I'm coming across a dumbass ! I am used to using this type of forum. sorry but short and sweet again.

Not at all.

guidofatherof5
06-20-2013, 08:16 PM
What browsers are you using?

RedSidedSPR
06-20-2013, 09:56 PM
It could easily be the browser. I don't know exactly what your problem is, but I've used several browsers that don't cooperate at all with the site, some that don't even let you click the reply box to start typing. Especially browsers on mobile devices, phones, iPads, etc.

guidofatherof5
06-20-2013, 10:11 PM
I use Firefox 21.0 Love it. Used to struggle with Internet Explorer. Not anymore.

RedSidedSPR
06-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Nobody deserves to be put through what Internet Explorer puts you through.

purplepiepete
06-23-2013, 09:29 AM
I have Explorer and tried firefox but no joy. If I hit enter to start a new paragraph nothing happens, if I try to use the spacebar instead, it just keeps going off the page and the arrow keys will only go left !!! to mention just a few. Anyways I'm still here and have a friend who knows more than me about these things coming to take a look for me soon. At least I can still enjoy reading and viewing, just can't join in for now.... I'll be back !

ConcinusMan
06-23-2013, 10:22 PM
I use Firefox 21.0 Love it. Used to struggle with Internet Explorer. Not anymore.

yeah firefox is awsome especially when you start adding their plugins/addons/skins, etc. super stable and quick. first thing i do on a new computer or install is get firefox and make it default browser. haven't touched internet destroyer (that's what I call it) since 5.0.

I was thinkng maybe the problem here was the post count restrictions but that shouldn't be a problem now

If I hit enter to start a new paragraph nothing happens, if I try to use the spacebar instead, it just keeps going off the page and the arrow keys will only go left !!! !

someone else had that problem too recently. I'm using firefox 21 and having no problems