PDA

View Full Version : My Female Blackneck is a Beast

EKS56
05-28-2013, 11:37 PM
I purchased a pair of Blackneck's the first part of this last January. The female ate sporadically and the male went on a four month hunger strike. About two weeks ago the male started eating and continues to eat every 3-4 days. The female is eating like a pig and has become very, very aggressive in feeding behavior and attitude in general. In fact I will guarantee a good way to get bit right now is to try and pick her up:o After being concerned about their health for so long I'm just happy to see them feeding good:)

chris-uk
05-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Feels good when they come out of a long fast doesn't it? :)

Both my blacknecks are feeding regularly too now, the male will only feed if I leave the food in a dish and leave him alone so I cover the viv and don't check back on him for a few hours. The female will eat from a dish fairly quickly, she lives with my two checkered girls, so I need to take her into a feeding tank so that she has a chance to eat before the checkereds steal her food.

I've not seen any increased aggression, but I'm seeing the female out and about more often. The male spends all his time in his warm hide when I'm in the room, I occasionally see his tail disappearing.

guidofatherof5
05-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Better that then a starving or dead snake. Glad to hear there has been a turn around.

EKS56
05-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Well I can tell you emphatically that Big Momma will bite. I cleaned her enclosure tonight and she came from half way across the aquarium to get me. I'm impressed, she is like quick as greased lighting.
Blacknecks are not for everybody. I'm thinking she'll calm down after their "Spring time feeding and mating season" passes.

guidofatherof5
05-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Well I can tell you emphatically that Big Momma will bite. I cleaned her enclosure tonight and she came from half way across the aquarium to get me. I'm impressed, she is like quick as greased lighting.
Blacknecks are not for everybody. I'm thinking she'll calm down after their "Spring time feeding and mating season" passes.

:rolleyes: