PDA

View Full Version : Garter Season is almost here!

Greg'sGarters
05-25-2013, 01:30 PM
I haven't seen any wild garters this year, I think they're waiting for the rainy season to end. Once it stops raining, that's usually when they come out. Plus on my trip to Florida this year, I picked up a new camera, so once I start seeing some, I will post up pictures. I like to think of this as my lucky camera lol, because ever since I got this camera, I was able to get a pictures of both my house geckos and leopard geckos laying eggs, as well as a video of my leopard gecko burying her eggs! Hopefully this luck will also help bring out the garters! I'm going fishing on Sunday at the one spot I have seen more garters than anywhere else, hopefully I will see some there. I just wanted to know, have you guys seen any garters out this year?

BUSHSNAKE
05-25-2013, 01:33 PM
yes, ive seen some semifasciatus, ill probably get out and go see sirtalis sirtalis and radix this weekend, illinois has 5 Thamnophis species and ive have found 4 of them.

guidofatherof5
05-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Loads.

Greg'sGarters
05-25-2013, 01:39 PM
yes, ive seen some semifasciatus, ill probably get out and go see sirtalis sirtalis and radix this weekend, illinois has 5 Thamnophis species and ive have found 4 of them.

LUCKY!!! In NJ we only have 2, sauritus and s. sirtalis. And I've only seen sauritus in PA.

BUSHSNAKE
05-25-2013, 01:43 PM
LUCKY!!! In NJ we only have 2, sauritus and s. sirtalis. And I've only seen sauritus in PA.
yes its good to be a Thamnophis enthusiast in Illinois, seeing them in the wild is where its at lol

Greg'sGarters
05-25-2013, 01:55 PM
So far this year, I've only seen one Northern Water Snake (Nerodia sipedon), and the black racer that regurgitated it.

aSnakeLovinBabe
05-25-2013, 03:32 PM
I've been seeing easterns for like 3 months now! lol.

Greg'sGarters
05-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I've been seeing easterns for like 3 months now! lol.

Maybe this Fishing trip on Sunday will be just the luck I need!

aSnakeLovinBabe
05-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Maybe this Fishing trip on Sunday will be just the luck I need!

good luck! is it in NJ or PA?

Greg'sGarters
05-25-2013, 04:15 PM
PA, I want to leave at 4:00AM, get to Walmart to buy fishing licenses at 5:00AM, try my hardest not to look like a creep being at Walmart at 5:00 in the morning at the fishing/hunting/firearm counter, also buy some bait, get to the spot at 5:30AM, and go from there. I'm really excited! Oh btw, if anyone has any good tips for catching bass, shoot me a PM, I'm going to try fake worms (I usually use the real ones) but also have a few real night crawlers on hand just in case.

ArachnoWolf
05-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Seen a whole den of males at the park coming out for the season, I think that was back at the beginning of April. And I find them most days under the junk beyond the railroad track in the backyard.