PDA

View Full Version : Cool Coloured Garter Snake?

ArachnoWolf
05-17-2013, 10:58 PM

This is a WC. Do I just not see many of these in the wild, or is this one unique in some way? I just had never seen one golden-like with such bright yellow/gold eyes.

Oh, hi! I've been on here a while, just never posted -.-

Selkielass
05-18-2013, 05:26 AM
That's at the light end of the normal range for Michigan easterns- the spectrum in your area may vary.
My 'Cristmas' was almost this light when I found him, but he has darkened so the color may or may not be stable.
Very pretty.

guidofatherof5
05-18-2013, 05:45 AM
Good looking snake. I don't know much about the natural color range of T. sirtalis sirtalis - Eastern Garter Snake.

It would be great if you'd introduce yourself in the "Welcome Lounge" That way we can give you a proper hello.

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/welcome-lounge/

aSnakeLovinBabe
05-18-2013, 11:49 AM
It's a realy beauty. It's a "normal" in the sense that it's not a morph or anything, but it's a really beautiful example of it's species.

d_virginiana
05-18-2013, 09:17 PM
We can find some similar ones to that as you get closer to the mountains here in NC, but I've never seen one that light before :) Nice looking snake!

ArachnoWolf
05-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Wow, this only just old me I had replies, hah!

Selkielass, I was hoping mine would stay bright, which is why I plan on keeping her. She's a cutie anyway! I've named her Popsicle :-)

guidofatherof5, I introduced myself XD

d_virginiana, my parents are vacationing there tomorrow! hah! I wasn't invited though :/ Ah well, thank you for approving of this pretty little snake!

ArachnoWolf
05-19-2013, 02:06 AM
Oh, and thank you and hullo aSnakeLovinBabe...though I had replied to everyone >_>