PDA

View Full Version : Litter 6 born today

Jeff B
04-28-2013, 08:28 PM
This litter was from an F1 Chicago female whose father was the wild caught green axanthic. Unfortunately once again there were no obvious axanthics. I am pretty certain that the axanthic is not a simple recessive gene, but it may be a polymorphic gene similar to the flame that will take line breeding to bring it out. the reason I believe this may be possible is that the mother of these babies was the F1 with the most green color and these babies have a more olive green color. Time will tell and I will be watching these guys in the upcoming months to see if any color develops when they have shed a few times. Again this project may end up being in vain, but I will might as well see it out a little longer. It is also possible that I will not be able to replicate the phenotype of the wild caught male for whatever reason. Unfortunately, there was 4 stillborns as well.
http://gartersnakemorph.com/images/litter6chicagos.jpg

guidofatherof5
04-28-2013, 08:31 PM
They are beautiful.

Jeff B
04-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Thanks Steve, every baby born at my house is a beauty in my eyes

BLUESIRTALIS
04-29-2013, 05:19 AM
Congrats on these guys! Chicago garters are so underrated! Im glad to see you working with them!

Eddie
04-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Congrats once again!
Great looking group.

Jeff B
04-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys, not to many people working with Chicagos, in fact I don't know anyone off hand.

Ed I'm waiting for you to pop out a piebald so I can cry myself to sleep :D

thamneil
04-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Jeff! These are stunning. Even more excited to get these after seeing the picture. Hope they all grow and thrive for you.

Jeff B
05-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks Neil they are all eating like pigs on baby nightcrawlers already. They are also looking brighter every day, so I actually think these are going to turn out really pretty. I think they are going to surprise some people when they get some size on them.