PDA

View Full Version : Hi-yo, Silver! Away!

guidofatherof5
04-28-2013, 07:03 PM
This is Silver, my het. T.s.parientalis - Red Sided Garter Snake. While feeding her I would give her a worm then walk 6 feet to the fridge to get her another worm.
She was very impatient with me and followed me to the fridge. With one worm hanging out of her mouth she eyed the worm in my hand. After half a dozen more worm and she returned to paddock. She a very good girl.

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//773/medium/hungry_silver.jpg

snake man
04-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Thats cool how she manged to follow you. If I wait to long with my radix she starts to go crazy.

chris-uk
04-29-2013, 10:20 AM
I love the ones that are intelligent enough to work out where the food comes from.

gazzamann
04-29-2013, 10:24 AM
That's well cool

Lisa4john
05-04-2013, 12:53 PM
That's funny, and fun. :)

ConcinusMan
05-05-2013, 08:41 AM
I love the ones that are intelligent enough to work out where the food comes from.

Even better when they have enough consideration to carefully and methodically determine what is fingers and what is food and then carefully bite just the food. I have a few that do that, all of them big very tame females. And if they're not quite sure, they'll bite very gently and wait a second to see if there's a reaction/pull back. If there is, they let go. Good girls.

guidofatherof5
05-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Richard,
You can't be talking about adult concinnus females. The girls I have bite/hold and pull on anything warm and that they can get their teeth in.
Feel like I should wear a bomb suit when it's feeding time. I make a point of calling a friend to let them know I'm about to feed these girl. That way if I don't call them back in an hour they can send help.:D