PDA

View Full Version : So I'm setting up a Vet appointment...

Tarzier
04-22-2013, 08:58 PM
The problem is, its an hour away(More depending on traffic), and I'm not sure how to keep my snake comfortable for that long of a trip. Any tips?

d_virginiana
04-22-2013, 10:08 PM
It'd probably be fine with just being in a container with air holes as long as the temperature is reasonable. When I've picked up my little ones, they usually had a slightly moist paper towel in with them that kept them from overheating and gave them something to hide under.

guidofatherof5
04-22-2013, 10:28 PM
It'd probably be fine with just being in a container with air holes as long as the temperature is reasonable. When I've picked up my little ones, they usually had a slightly moist paper towel in with them that kept them from overheating and gave them something to hide under.

Sound advise.

Tarzier
04-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Reasonable temperature isn't exactly the term I'd use for where I live at the moment. During the day it's anywhere from 30F to 60F. I'll probably just have to crank the heat up in my truck when I take him. Thanks for the info though, I wouldn't have thought about a moist towel.

chris-uk
04-23-2013, 02:16 AM
If you have the snake in a container make sure it isn't in the sun while you drive - temp can rise rapidly.
Do you have a cool box? Just the box on its own will keep a stable temp. And make sure it can't rattle around in the box.

Tarzier
04-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Cool Box? And thanks for the tip about the Sun, wouldn't have thought about that.