PDA

View Full Version : Billionaire Success!

Reptiliancousin
04-19-2013, 06:22 PM
I am SO incredibly ecstatic to report that Billionaire, or Bill if you prefer, has eaten!!!!!!!!! After taking out the hundredth neglected mouse from his tank I stuck a fish in his water bowl to see what would happen. Well two or three days later I checked in and the fish was gone. Bill was soaking in the bowl. I can't begin to describe the relief I felt. After going weeks without food Billionaire finally told me something he likes. I stuck in three more fish yesterday and he went to town gobbling them up. He's chasing the last one right now. I can now turn my attention to my sick girl Dizzy. She's improved and is more active. She still tilts to one side and "staggers" when you hold her but she's alert and that to me is a good sign. I replaced her rock water bowl this evening with the common clear container that I use with my fish eaters. That always seems to work best because then they can see their food. If Bill ate fish, why not try and see if that's Dizzy's kick too? The two fish has definitely captured her attention and she's staring them down through the plastic. We'll see what happens in the next few days.

guidofatherof5
04-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Good job.
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//744/Clapping.gif

Here's a suggestion. Cut up some night crawler chucks and put them in the bowl with the fish. Bill will be grabbing for a fish and take a worm chunk instead. It's a great way to get another food item in. Heck, put a pinky in the water. It'll go too.
Once they are in the feeding zone they will eat what they grab. It will all smell/taste like fish to them.

Selkielass
04-21-2013, 05:26 AM
Excellent news!

thamneil
04-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Happy to hear that.

Reptiliancousin
04-22-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm happy too! Huge relief. Now I just have to get this girl to eat. I put her in the water bowl since that sometimes works with my ribbons but she bolts out like she's a cat.8674

guidofatherof5
04-22-2013, 02:15 PM
That's an angry little face there.:D