PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fever? The girls are insane!

Sonya610
04-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Fed them three days in a row and each time they go utterly insane. Biting me, biting each other, dashing out of the enclosure (thankfully only the female garters are possessed, the dogs just laid there and stared in the corner so I could find the escapee).

Holy sheesh is this a spring fever thing or do I need to call an exorcist?

guidofatherof5
04-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Sounds like hungry garters to me.:D

Sonya610
04-13-2013, 01:29 PM
So if I feed them large copious amounts of pinkies everyday they will calm down?

(Already fed them a few today, will dethaw more now)

Jeff B
04-13-2013, 02:22 PM
better call an exorsist, nah actually all my snakes pig out too, more this time of year than the whole rest of the year, even the males.

guidofatherof5
04-13-2013, 02:40 PM
So if I feed them large copious amounts of pinkies everyday they will calm down?

(Already fed them a few today, will dethaw more now)

"If you feed them, they will eat" (said in a whisper):D

d_virginiana
04-14-2013, 04:19 AM
You're lucky it's just your females. I turned around after feeding tonight to find my yearling male squished up against the glass with his mouth open, following me around through the tank. He doesn't realize he's too young to mate yet, so he's acting just as crazy as my other male :p

guidofatherof5
04-14-2013, 08:28 AM
You're lucky it's just your females. I turned around after feeding tonight to find my yearling male squished up against the glass with his mouth open, following me around through the tank. He doesn't realize he's too young to mate yet, so he's acting just as crazy as my other male :p

He probably smells that female perfume(pheromone) and wants to check it out:D Those girls you have are sending him love messages.
It's not his fault.:D

Sonya610
04-14-2013, 03:56 PM

Maybe too young to be fertile but not to young to "practice" (Last year my yearling male had no problem doing the deed with my other yearling "male").

Okay so after about a dozen pinkies each within 24 hours the girls seem calmer, they are still alert and watching for more food but not acting like little demons. I think I need to start buying the larger pinkies again, I bought the smaller ones so they (and the little male) could all eat whole instead of chopped up.

Is over-feeding a big worry? Are they like goldfish? Or if they are still alert and hunting should I keep feeding them more tomorrow and the day after? I believe they are all about 2 years old (not completely sure about the albino flame female but I think so).

Invisible Snake
04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Bump