PDA

View Full Version : A Thamnophis Christmas 2012

guidofatherof5
12-25-2012, 12:21 PM
If you received any Thamnophis or Thamnophis related item for Christmas we would like to hear about it. This is also a place for any Thamnophis related Christmas stories you would like to share.

I'll start things out with the gift I received from my largest T.radix female Speckle. She has been in quarantine while I deal with a medical issue. This morning I opened her tub and reached in to check on her. She bit me for the first time. She was wild caught from right outside the front door 5 years ago. She was an adult then and has been a total docile girl until today. I guess she's tired of meds and vent cleanings.
Little Flicker (T.ordinoides) also gave me a Christmas scare. I got into the Northwestern paddock and found him gone. He was found a short time later on the floor at my feet. He was looking up at me as if to say "please put me back this floor is cold".

NEXT?

snake man
12-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I recieved a light and a timer for my snakes. Sadly I don't have any stories.

Greg'sGarters
12-25-2012, 02:05 PM
I noticed mites on my Chicagos, I wish I had noticed it earlier than on their way down to be put into brumation, but glad I caught them. Also I got bit by my female chicago for the first time.

-MARWOLAETH-
12-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Gerry bach is still being a stubbern git.She hasnt eaten properl in nearly 5 weeks and has become really skinny.I hope she sheds soon or shell be on the naughty list ;)

Light of Dae
12-25-2012, 08:06 PM
A while ago I got a great gift in the mail. A very nice, simple, one sided Christmas card from Steve. It's still my favorite item received this year as it sits as a background picture for my albino checkereds.
Thank you Steve!

Other then that... I got pajamas and socks. (It's a good thing I like practical)

thamneil
12-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Haven't recieved my present yet, but its a big box of garters from Don Belanp :) Should be getting a pair of vagrans, pickeringii, and fitchi!

Merry Christmas everyone!

snake man
12-25-2012, 09:21 PM
You are very lucky can't wait for some pics of those guys.

-MARWOLAETH-
12-26-2012, 05:47 AM
Instead of The garter snakes Evolution and Ecology (which was all I asked for ),I got a Toblerone...I still don't know how it happened
It's all right though as I'll be using this a leverage for them to allow me to buy more snakes http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/1.gif

BLUESIRTALIS
12-26-2012, 06:04 AM
The christmas card from steve was awesome!

ProXimuS
12-26-2012, 07:54 AM
The christmas card from steve was awesome!

Mines been on my fridge, so I can see it all the time:)

snake man
12-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Well its not christmas anymore but Lucy left me a late present and I woke up to a perfect shed and a brand new snake.
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z438/redcar122/2012-12-26_15-26-04_773_zps40031f91.jpg

guidofatherof5
12-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Looking good.

chris-uk
12-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Only one snake present in our house, and it wasn't for me it was for Joseph. And it's not a Thamnophis.

Meet Adam the Adder.
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//734/medium/IMAG0414.jpg

I meant to post this in Steve's " Thamnophis Christmas " thread.....

chris-uk
12-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Bugger, wrong thread. Can a mod move the post above to Steve's "Thamnophis Christmas" thread?

-MARWOLAETH-
12-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Joseph is a very lucky boy. Even though I'm 17 I think I would still enjoy a giant cuddly snake for christmas:D

d_virginiana
12-26-2012, 09:44 PM
We got a lot of reptile equipment. A timer, a hygrotherm, a reptifogger (for the frog mostly, but it might come in handy when my little albino is shedding). Also got some money that's going toward getting new lights and such once I need them, since it's quite frankly a miracle that most of mine are working still.

Selkielass
12-27-2012, 07:42 AM
This made me sssssmile.
http://www.pdaudio.net/sammy/sammy_the_christmas_snake.ogg

EasternGirl
12-27-2012, 08:27 AM
I got the Christmas card from Steve...which sits on my mantle in the living room, an early Christmas present from Steve back in November...which was a medical herpetology book for my research paper (best book ever!), and my son's father, his girlfriend, and Julian's half-sister gave me a bag of plastic toy snakes!

snake man
12-27-2012, 08:35 AM
I got the Christmas card from Steve...which sits on my mantle in the living room, an early Christmas present from Steve back in November...which was a medical herpetology book for my research paper (best book ever!), and my son's father, his girlfriend, and Julian's half-sister gave me a bag of plastic toy snakes!

Maybe they inteded for you to trade the plastic snakes for real ones of your choice.:D

Didymus20X6
12-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Well its not christmas anymore but Lucy left me a late present and I woke up to a perfect shed and a brand new snake.
What do you mean "not Christmas anymore"? Christmas does not end until January 6.

snake man
12-27-2012, 06:52 PM
What do you mean "not Christmas anymore"? Christmas does not end until January 6.

Actually January 6 is my birthday.