PDA

View Full Version : Hi..new here

ThamnophisManiac
06-27-2007, 05:10 PM
hi everyone, this is mike (a.k.a. dirk) just saying hi and that i'm new here. recently i have really wanted to get a snake, and i have decided that the garter snake would be an optimal choice. hehe, there is one problem in the plan though. im only 13 and my parents dont neccesarily want me to get one, atleast not for a while (a.k.a. never). anyone have hints on convincing my parents to let me get one. btw i already pulled the "it would make me more responsible" card, and the "i would have to get a job to maintain it so i would be out of the house more" card. plz help!!!

poissonguppy
06-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey. Well, what do your parents dislike about snakes?

adamanteus
06-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. Matt (abcat1993) is the man to advise you on this, he had a similar struggle to convince his parents! Good luck.

ThamnophisManiac
06-27-2007, 05:26 PM
i have no idea what my parents dont like about em...just say they dont want me getting one.. =(

adamanteus
06-27-2007, 05:30 PM
My parents were the same at first, but given time they realised that it wasn't just a fad but I was genuinely interested. They came around in the end.....but that is a lot of years ago!:o

poissonguppy
06-27-2007, 05:54 PM
My parents were the same at first, but given time they realised that it wasn't just a fad but I was genuinely interested. They came around in the end.....but that is a lot of years ago!:o

Same here. Except mine just got fed up on my nagging.

Tell your parents about how cheap they are compared to other animals and how there isn't that much maintenance.

drache
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi Mike
nice to meet you and good luck with your parents
also:
if you thoroughly listen to what they object to, you might find some creative ways to address their concerns

ThamnophisManiac
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
ok will do. lol maybe i should just catch a wild one and then they wont have a choice (time for puppy eyes galore)

Odie
06-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi, from Oregon, Mike :)

Snaky
06-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Welcome to the forum, enjoy it here :)

Stefan-A
06-28-2007, 01:57 AM
Welcome aboard, Mike. :)

You can always direct your parents to this forum, I bet people here would be more than happy to help out if they have any questions about garters or even snakes in general.

Lulu Bennett
06-28-2007, 03:47 AM
hi sweety welcome to the forum. luckly i didnt have a problem with moaning to my parents as we had one when i was younger. my earliest memory of it tho is when i had it hanging off my bottom lip. as long as you are aware that you will get a nip and it will escape lol just make sure the tank is secured!

GarterGirl
07-03-2007, 06:05 AM
Howdy Mike
I am Mikhaila. i am 9 years old.
Drache is my mom. i don't really know how you can convince your parents to let you have a snake. Actually, my mom got me into them :-(