PDA

View Full Version : Show where your from, add a country flag!

Boots
10-09-2006, 01:03 PM
I have added country flag to each member’s profile. If you would like to let everyone know where you’re from, all you need to do to show your flag is set it in your profile.

1. Click on the "User CP" on the menu bar
2. On the left had side of the Control Panel under "Setting & Options" click on "Edit Profile"
3. At the bottom under "Additional Information" you will need to select your home country and save.

That is it. From then on it will display your country flag with each post. If you encounter any problem, or have any questions please let me know.

Jason

Thamnophis
10-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Hey Jason, that is a nice addition for the forum. :)
Great job!

Cazador
10-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi Jason,
I agree that the flags were a nice addition. I wonder if you could add state flags as well (for those who wish to display them)?
Rick

Boots
10-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Cazado, the only problem with adding the state flags is that we are an international forum, and I would have to add all the State and Provincial for all the countries around the world. Between Canada and the United States there would be 63 new flags, not to mention all the different States or provinces for all the other countries. I am afraid it is just too big a task for me. But as I said thanks for the suggestion, and keep them coming.

Jason

Cazador
10-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Wow. I don't know how hard these flags are to come by, but I see how it could take on a life of its own in a hurry ;-> . Thanks for the reply.

Thamnophis
10-14-2006, 08:16 AM
My state (provincie) flag :)

http://home.hetnet.nl/~dirkmeij/zeeuwse%20vlag.jpg

Cazador
10-15-2006, 12:42 AM
Very nice, Dutch.

Thamnophis
10-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Very nice, Dutch.

No, not the dutch flag, but the flag from the county (provincie in Dutch) that I live in, Zeeland.

This is the Dutch flag...

http://www.deprijskaart.nl/catalog/images/netherlands.jpg