PDA

View Full Version : What to do ???

Spencer711
12-13-2012, 04:26 PM
I have a Beautiful girl eastern that loves being held.. I have a Very Handsome Infernalis that is growing quickly but absolutely Hates me.. He doesn't try to bite my Wife, but if I get near he tries to strike,.. This Yearling is absolutely beautiful and the blue is popping... breathtaking... At my wits end... What should I do... I dont want him if I cannot even hold him to cuddle. Thinking of selling him bought him for 150.00 in August. Ideas?? Or Offers ? Anyone near the coast ?? I love this guy, he is just not wanting me to be his owner....

guidofatherof5
12-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Sounds like he just doesn't like you. I have snakes that don't like some of my kids.
If he's comfortable with your wife why not keep him?

-MARWOLAETH-
12-13-2012, 04:38 PM
My small marcianus doesn't appreciate being held but I still find it very rewarding and interesting to watch her going about her business without disturbing her.You'll learn far more about the animal by watching it interact with it's environment than you will by holding it. The snake will get no benefit from human contact IMO

BUSHSNAKE
12-13-2012, 04:49 PM
thats the personality of many infernalis

Spencer711
12-13-2012, 07:07 PM
You guys are right... Who knows maybe he will grow to love me like the others do... I was just having a pity party... Sorry for the rant

ConcinusMan
12-13-2012, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't count on it. It can generally be said that the species/ssp. you chose can be quite feisty and that is unlikely to change. It's just the way they are. I've only encountered wild ones first hand, but it seems to me like every one of them was quite mean, and unlike the other wild garters I have experience with, they don't calm down with time. You either love them in spite of this, or you don't. For this reason, I've never attempted to keep them long term. Apparently, it doesn't make any difference if they are captive bred or kept long term, or not. The personality/hostile behavior must be in their DNA.

How about a nice concinnus? :D Not saying those can't be hostile, but generally speaking they are quite a bit more personable and tame. Even wild ones.

@ndy
12-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Just keep him! All snakes have their own personality I have a T marcianus that make me bleed every time I need to clean her cage etc. But I will never sell her, and she is agrow towards everyone not just me! She is like a Cobra!

Every one is scared of my Garter!

ConcinusMan
12-14-2012, 12:29 AM
No, don't keep it. If you prefer a tame snake, I'll gladly trade a sweetheart super tame concinnus for your infernalis. I'll guarantee it will never bite you out of defense, and I'll even make it a blue one. :D

infernalis
12-14-2012, 03:36 PM
forgive me, but what is this need to snuggle a snake all about??

My snakes are all nasty, they will defend themselves against all intruders, including me.

and I like it that way, it's far more natural.

ConcinusMan
12-14-2012, 04:14 PM
forgive me, but what is this need to snuggle a snake all about??

Exactly.:rolleyes:

In spite of what people call them sometimes, there is no such thing as a "pet" snake. Snakes are not pets. If you want a pet, get a dog.