PDA

View Full Version : New Kansas Albino Red Sided Triple Het

Greg'sGarters
11-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Just got a Kansas Albino Red-sided Triple Het (Anery, Albino, Hypo)! I think that it is a female. She is currently in a 5g tank with reptile carpet and a 1/4 log to hide under (I accidentally broke a half log, but garters seem to like the 1/4 logs better). I got her from Julio (Sirtalis01) at a reptile show. I will post up pics ASAP.

guidofatherof5
11-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Just got a Kansas Albino Red-sided Triple Het (Anery, Albino, Hypo)! I think that it is a female. She is currently in a 5g tank with reptile carpet and a 1/4 log to hide under (I accidentally broke a half log, but garters seem to like the 1/4 logs better). I got her from Julio (Sirtalis01) at a reptile show. I will post up pics ASAP.

Congrats and you better.:D

Greg'sGarters
11-29-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm going to find a nice good earthworm for her to eat tomorrow.

BUSHSNAKE
11-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Did he mean triple het albino.anery.snow?

Invisible Snake
11-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Did you pick her up at the White Plains Show? Post up pictures of the gal.

Btw does anyone know the difference between an Iowa albino red sided and a Kansas red sided?

BUSHSNAKE
11-30-2012, 09:37 AM

Btw does anyone know the difference between an Iowa albino red sided and a Kansas red sided?

Nothing....one is from iowa and one is from kansas is the only difference. But because they are from different locations they may look a little different.

Greg'sGarters
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Yeah, it's just like my male eastern is a wild caught high red Pennsylvania garter. Pennsylvania garters, New Jersey Garters, and New York garters all look different from one another.

ConcinusMan
12-11-2012, 06:14 PM

Joe attempted to give you an answer (no real difference besides location. They are both T+ albino) but just to be clear, there is also an "Iowa albino" T. radix, which is a T- albino so don't confuse the two.

d_virginiana
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah, it's just like my male eastern is a wild caught high red Pennsylvania garter. Pennsylvania garters, New Jersey Garters, and New York garters all look different from one another.

I've never heard easterns from northern states looking different. Makes sense though. I have heard several times that southern eastern males look distinctly different from northern ones too. I wouldn't know, I've only seen southern ones :)

Greg'sGarters
12-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah they actually do look different up here. I've known it as long as I've been catching garters but never noticed it until I had heard of this in radix. My favorites are the NY Easterns. I once caught one that was quite literally almost pink! Pink underbelly, pink skin (instead of the blue that most easterns have) and pink scales. NY garters have the most color variation. PA Garters tend to be either blue, or black and yellow. NJ garters tend to be more brown/black. Of course this DOES NOT apply to 100% of the garter snake population in any of these states.