PDA

View Full Version : Creating Polls

ConcinusMan
11-06-2012, 03:10 PM
There used to be a button "post new poll" I can't seem to find it now, or figure out how to make one. Haven't done it in a long time.

Stefan-A
11-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Scroll down, check Post a Poll.

guidofatherof5
11-06-2012, 03:46 PM
When you choose to make a new thread there is a check box at the bottom for creating a poll(Post a Poll) with the thread. When you click submit new thread it takes you to the poll creation page. From there you can fine tune your poll.

ConcinusMan
11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Scroll down, check Post a Poll.

Someone will have to post a screen shot. I've done that. Checked, double checked, checked again. I don't see that.

Stefan-A
11-06-2012, 03:56 PM
http://koti.mbnet.fi/thamnoph/photos/garbage/pollish.jpg

guidofatherof5
11-06-2012, 03:56 PM
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/creating_a_poll.jpg

ConcinusMan
11-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks. I was looking in the wrong place. I was looking on the same page that says "post new thread". Don't know why I figured it should be there. :rolleyes:

RedSidedSPR
11-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Thought it was always there.

-MARWOLAETH-
11-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Sorry to go off topic but how do you make snap shots of your screens?

ConcinusMan
11-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Hit the "Print Screen" key. Sometimes "PRNT SCR" or something like that. That takes a picture of your screen for pasting in applications such as paint. then you can crop, save, etc. After you hit the button just open paint or your favorite picture editor and select "paste" If it's important for people to be able to read the text on the screen save as bitmap or TIFF . If it doesn't matter, use JPG/JPEG for smaller file size. If your screen settings are very high resolution, it might be wise to resize the image to 600X800 or smaller like Stefan and Steve did.

-MARWOLAETH-
11-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Ta for the tip,Richard:)

ConcinusMan
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Might even want to move it to it's own thread "how to take a picture of your screen" or something like that. people ask a lot, but then again, I just googled it when I wanted to know. I should have been a smart alec and did this:

Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=take+a+picture+of+your+screen)

RedSidedSPR
11-06-2012, 07:33 PM
If you have Windows 7, there's a nifty little tool called "snipping tool", I stuck on my "dock" or whatever. I like it cuz you can basically crop it when you take it. Like on a MAC.

ConcinusMan
11-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Never messed with it. And I'll admit it's because I didn't have a clue what it was for. Even after they said what it was for in the "windows 7 tour". Same goes for that old "clipboard viewer" or whatever the heck it was in previous windows versions. Nobody used it. To this day I still don't know what the hell its for and I don't even care.

EDIT: Oh, after I opened the snipping tool, it's quite intuitive what it's for. cool. Guess I won't be using the old method anymore.:)

RedSidedSPR
11-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't know what the hell the clipboard thing is but yeah, snipping tool rocks. Haven't touched the print screen button in a year.

ConcinusMan
11-06-2012, 08:24 PM
And I've been using Windows 7 for 2 years and just now tried that tool. I like it. Now I'm wondering if there's a Windows 7 tool that serves the function that "character map" used to.

RedSidedSPR
11-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Wow. Your welcome.

ConcinusMan
11-09-2012, 01:32 PM
OK. Now what. Sure, I can check the box to create a poll, set the number of options, but how the heck to I specifiy what the choices are? gggrrr.. frustrating. Checking the boxes to create a poll doesn't seem to do anything. Dangit, I've made polls before. I don't get why I'm having so much trouble now.

guidofatherof5
11-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Click 'submit thread" and you will be taken to the poll creation screen where you can set your choices, change the number of choices, etc.

I think I will do a "how to" video on this subject.

ConcinusMan
11-09-2012, 01:43 PM
OK, wasn't sure if I should submit or not.

ConcinusMan
11-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Oh crap. I hit "submit" but it doesn't let me ask the question. I didn't already put it in the thread. I guess I can go back and edit? jeeez..

OK, tried that. This isn't working at all. It's telling me I have to go back and fill in missing fields. I don't see any missing fields. I don't see a question field or any missing option fields. What the hell.

EDIT: OK, I'm blind. found the question field. Now I hope that's it.