PDA

View Full Version : Garter Dreams

ProXimuS
06-08-2012, 09:07 AM
A.D.I.D.A.S.
(All Day I Dream About Snakes :D)

Haha, so in the past 3 days I've had two dreams I'm finding alllllll kinds of garters of all shapes and sizes and colors in and around my house! It was awesome. Both dreams were different, but the main point was the same: GARTER SNAKES EVERYWHERE!! It was so cool, I could catch all different species and look at them...keep a couple more....

Ugh one of those dreams, when you wake up and hope/wish it was real:rolleyes:

Any one else have garter dreams?:p

katach
06-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Yes. I do all the time. You just described what my dreams usually are about. :)

ProXimuS
06-08-2012, 09:26 AM
They were cool dreams, I just really wish they were real, at least partially. In both dreams my snake got away, and while trying to find him I came across all the other garters(btw I did find my guy in both dreams, amongst all the others!)
I can't wait till I get my license, so I can go out, look around, and see what kinds we've really got around here:D
(Yes, I am a 22 year old loser with no license:cool:)

Invisible Snake
06-08-2012, 09:33 AM
A.D.I.D.A.S.
(All Day I Dream About Snakes :D)

Haha, so in the past 3 days I've had two dreams I'm finding alllllll kinds of garters of all shapes and sizes and colors in and around my house! It was awesome. Both dreams were different, but the main point was the same: GARTER SNAKES EVERYWHERE!! It was so cool, I could catch all different species and look at them...keep a couple more....

They're like Pokemon, gotta catch'em all! lol :)

ProXimuS
06-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Ha, I'd love to!

guidofatherof5
06-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I've been where your at but with a twist.
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/general-talk/5426-catching-snakes-my-sleep.html

ProXimuS
06-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Lmao!!!!! That had me literally laughing out loud!
That's unbelievable. I wish it worked like that for me, because in both of my dreams I was catching them by the handful, each handfull containing different species, colors, genders, sizes, etc....:)

ProXimuS
06-15-2012, 08:39 AM
I had another one!! Does this mean I'm truly addicted:confused::p

This one was really cool too, because one of the ones I found(and decided to keep) was a pure white(not albino) large, female with a dark green/teal dorsal stripe and dark purple side stripes. Obviously making up garters that don't exist:p

Didymus20X6
06-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Snake dreams used to absolutely terrify me. They usually consisted of being surrounded by rattlesnakes, or being chased by Moccasins, or just not being able to go anywhere or do anything without there being a snake trying to kill me.

But ever since I started capturing garters, my dreams of snakes tend toward those where I'm catching them for fun. Even the dreams where I'm confronted by deadly ones seem to have an element of wonder and elation rather than pure fear.

ProXimuS
06-15-2012, 09:00 AM
So far all my snake dreams have been happy. But they've been about garters....No deadly ones:p

d_virginiana
06-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Haha... I dream about snakes all the time. Recently I had a dream that I found a perfectly normal female garter, but decided to keep her anyway. Then she had babies and they were all bright purple. :D
The weirdest thing is that in most of my dreams, the snakes talk to me. Then I'm always very confused, and tell them they shouldn't be able to understand me because they're deaf (since THAT'S the only strange thing about snakes talking).

ProXimuS
06-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Wow garters that are het got purple:eek: I'll take two please:p

d_virginiana
06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow garters that are het got purple:eek: I'll take two please:p

The purple color doesn't appear in garters at all, so finding a purple one would be like the holy grail of garter breeding. :)

kibakiba
06-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I want a sky/turquoise blue garter snake... I dream about them all the time. I usually dream of them in concinnus form... And spotted northwestern form.

katach
06-15-2012, 05:12 PM
I had a dream that one of my snakes had a hot pink baby. :D

ProXimuS
06-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Thats cool! We all have brightly colored garters in our dreams. I've had alot of bright/different colored garters in my dreams but that white/green/purple one was the most awesome.....Reminds me of mardi gras:cool:

Didymus20X6
06-15-2012, 11:43 PM
The purple color doesn't appear in garters at all, so finding a purple one would be like the holy grail of garter breeding. :)

"Did someone say, 'Grail'?"

kerensa
06-24-2012, 09:11 AM
The thing that bothers me about dreams of snakes is I wake up and they're not true!!

Mine ussually involve finding/being found by new snakes, that want to live with me.

mikem
06-24-2012, 09:42 AM
I had a dream the other night about garters. I was meeting up with a guy at some hotel lobby to purchase a group of concinnus'. He had nine of them and I was so excited that I forgot to bring any money! I woke up disappointed, haha! :rolleyes:

EasternGirl
06-24-2012, 01:03 PM
This thread has really cheered me up today! Thanks guys. Lora...the talking snake dreams...I love it! And the dreams about purple garters and hot pink babies! I also dream about garters a lot. I lot of my dreams involve me worrying about my snakes or something happening to them...them escaping or finding them dead...which really sucks. But sometimes I have good dreams too. I have always had weird animal dreams in which I worry about my animals. Many of them involve my cats all trying to escape and me running around trying to round them all up...or traveling with my cats in a car. I suppose as a former shrink...I should be able to analyze what this means...all I can figure out is that I am an extreme worrier! :D

ProXimuS
06-26-2012, 06:36 PM
I had ANOTHER one!!! I was taking a nap, and...

In this dream I was holding my snake, when I saw her(he's a male in reality, but in this dream apparently not...)vent opening up. Assuming it was going to use the bathroom on me I rushed to get off my bed, and all of a sudden she starts shooting out babies!! Tiny tiny little worm-like babies, literally being shot around. So, I hurry and get her in the cage to contain her and the babies, and then have to hurry and search around my room for these little tiny babies. While doing so I found another unrelated baby that was gray with red, orange, and yellow stripes(like a pair of socks I have:p), that got lost in my room probably in one of my other dreams. Haha, so I'm trying to arrange a seperate cage for the babies, with all the newborns in one hand, and the other just found baby in the other hand, and still looking for more babies and trying to make another sepererate cage for the single baby. Some how later I ended up at some concession stand like the movies or something,but I was actually at a hotel, with handfuls of baby garters asking for an empty cup with a lid with holes in it. Then realized I don't have my purse or keycard for the room....

It's weird what our brains make up....:rolleyes:

ProXimuS
06-26-2012, 06:43 PM

This is the sock I was referring to. Wouldn't that be cool!!

katach
06-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Fruit striped garters!!!!!!

ProXimuS
06-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Yum:p

katach
06-26-2012, 06:57 PM
:D

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9S5NmClFIQWtYXEN-1vJTh4Lgh8timgZ5xtp61g0mgP6HuOLR4whttps://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOBjd5Kz_QtKt_8JwkSPAW4bY3q1rin H8i8NX1G_HYPAtNv6ro

ProXimuS
06-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Haven't seen that stuff in foooreveeer! The only problem with it is I remember it lost it's flavor in like 2 seconds....but for those few seconds....it was delicious!

katach
06-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Yep it sure was. :)

katach
06-26-2012, 07:19 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg526/scaled.php?server=526&filename=fruitstripemaria.jpg&res=landing

ProXimuS
06-26-2012, 07:21 PM
AWWWW, thats awesomely adorable! You should save that as a just in case for the next photo contests:)

kibakiba
06-26-2012, 08:17 PM
If Kyle Has time when he gets home from work (He has a traveling job now, so I don't see him until Thurs/Fri) I can get him to make Maria look like a rainbow striped snake... I'm pretty sure he can make it look pretty realistic ;)

EasternGirl
06-26-2012, 08:22 PM
I may have encouraged that dream with my talk of my dreams about my escaping animals and running around trying to catch them! And I loved that gum as a kid...but it did lose it's flavor really fast. Great pic, Kat!

ProXimuS
06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
I may have encouraged that dream with my talk of my dreams about my escaping animals and running around trying to catch them! And I loved that gum as a kid...but it did lose it's flavor really fast. Great pic, Kat!

Haha perhaps:p

Chantel I'd love to see that, if he can:D

katach
06-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Would love to see what he can do with it!

Invisible Snake
06-27-2012, 01:03 AM
A couple of nights ago before going to bed I saw a youtube video of a garter snake giving birth and I had a dream my eastern blackneck was giving birth and had a bunch of babies, as soon as I woke up I rushed to her enclosure hoping it wasn't all a dream but alas it was :cool:. Funny thing is she's not even pregnant. I guess I was hoping for a miracle or an immaculate conception lol :D.

guidofatherof5
06-27-2012, 05:50 AM
You seem perfectly normal to me.
Outside of this circle you might be considered nuts though.:D
Glad you're with us.

ProXimuS
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM
I had another one....

This one, I went to check on my snake in his cage, and I found him cut/ripped in half!!!:(:(:( This was the only one so far, that I woke up and was really glad it wasn't true!

guidofatherof5
07-03-2012, 06:43 PM
No dream there. That's a nightmare.:eek:

ProXimuS
07-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Yes, nightmare....Well it was a daymare, but horrible nonetheless...:p

katach
09-24-2012, 12:41 PM
I had a dream I found an albino blue puget. I hope this one comes true :D

BLUESIRTALIS
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
I hope it does too so you can send me some hets.

i had a dream i found an albino blue puget. I hope this one comes true :d

-MARWOLAETH-
09-24-2012, 02:25 PM
I dream't a few days ago that I was holding a big female radix not the most imaginativedream but I wish it were true. A few weeks back I dream't I was herping for garters in America with some people I didn't even know Lol I would love to actually do that some day.

ProXimuS
09-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I've had few different dreams lately where I have all different kinds and sizes of snakes(not just garters)and they're all in one cage together. And one of the dreams, there was also a big lizard and a tarantula with the snakes:p

katach
09-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Come on over William! Washington state has great herping! (plus we have NW)

i_heart_sneakie_snakes
09-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I have garter snake dreams all the time. Sometimes I am catching and interacting with all these great snakes and they are everywhere. But sometimes it's just me and Sneaky Snake. I miss her so much :(

ProXimuS
09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
I know that can be sad. I still have dreams about my dog that passed away 5 years ago:( But it's nice to still have the memories of them.

i_heart_sneakie_snakes
09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
I know that can be sad. I still have dreams about my dog that passed away 5 years ago:( But it's nice to still have the memories of them.
My Sneay Snake dreams made me sad right after she died. But now I feel like its extra time with her. Like shes visiting me :)

ProXimuS
09-24-2012, 09:25 PM
That's the way I like to look at it:)

-MARWOLAETH-
09-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Come on over William! Washington state has great herping! (plus we have NW)I'm working on it:).Also with the University course I want to do we get to go on a herping and trip to the Sonoran Desert,Arizona in the second year.EPIC

EasternGirl
09-25-2012, 06:09 AM
My snake dreams always involve my snakes escaping. Although, in the dreams I always have a very cool snake room with lots of different species along with fish and lizards and all kinds of critters. Did I tell you guys about the horrible dream I had recently where a storm hit and broke Cee Cee and Sadie's tank and Cee Cee was missing? I found Sadie but I couldn't find Cee Cee anywhere and was freaking out thinking she was killed in the storm. My snake dreams always suck.

GarField000
09-25-2012, 06:26 AM
Be glad it's only a dream EasternGirl ...........
I have had it for real ....... My big female scotti and big concinnus females both escaped. Or I forgot to close the cage, or they opened it ... but both where gone. The concinnus I found dead in the street where someone run over her with a car. I couldn't find the scotti female ... I took leave from work and searched all over the house and in the neigbourhood. I asked all kids nearby to help looking but no luck ..... after 3 days she came to visit me in the kitchen ........ I was so happy I got her back. She has a special place in my heart .......
I wish this was a dream :( ........
My dreams are always about special morphs my snakes get :) .... I have 2.2 sirtalis "florida blue". they get more and more blue as they grow older. They should be hetrozygoot for amel ..... I dreamed a few times already I get a few amel blue snakes ......
Hope that won't stay as a dream ....... I think the femal is from or came from Scott Felzer.

Lisa4john
09-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Are garter snake dreams contagious? ;) I'm sick so I went to bed for a nap. Before I went to bed I tried again to get Sam to eat, this time taking Turq (who ate another nightcrawler) out so I knew that Sam ate it. (no luck yet... :() Anyway, I was dreaming that there were garter snakes all around my house, big ones, young ones, and babies, and one huge snake I could hardly pick up, :eek: but they were nice enough, no biting, musking or anything like that, just fast. :) Then I started finding tiny little scrubs, and realized that there was a mama having them right there. I was trying to gather them all up, but I couldn't get them all, just too many and too fast, and I didn't have a place for them. Well, there was one baby that I really wanted to keep. He was a greyish-green with lavender colored stripes, so purdy! :D As soon as I woke up I was faced with no cool colored scrubs, and Sammy's dish with food in it still. :confused: Sigh... and it begins.

guidofatherof5
09-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Snakes all around the house. Sounds like the T.radix Ranch.

Lisa4john
09-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah it does, but hopefully your snakes are all in cages of some sort or another. These guys were roaming free. :rolleyes:

Lisa4john
09-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Snakes all around the house. Sounds like the T.radix Ranch.

Also, I've been meaning to note that every time I see T. radix Ranch my mind starts singing Cadillac Ranch, by Chris Ledoux. :o

ProXimuS
02-27-2013, 07:53 PM
So last night I dreamt that I found a female Gulf Coast ribbon, but her colors were like one of the anerythristic concinnus'. She was just like mine, but all the yellow/green parts were a white/blue color. It was cool:cool:

guidofatherof5
02-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Sweet dream.