PDA

View Full Version : any one here play the trumpet???

garterman07
06-06-2007, 04:23 PM
i currently play the alto, beritone, soprano, and tener saxophone. but i wana learn how to play the trumpet for marching band, i play my sax in that now but i am going to be i'm a jr. and wana change it up. so i have 3 months to learn how to play the trumpet. does ne one here have any advice on what i should do to learn how to play this well enough that i could handle freshman music? and other pep band songs that geared for every lvl of music in a high school pep band? i think i figured out how to make sound out of it, to an extent that is. its hard for me to change pitch and idk if i am geting the right sound for the notes that i am playing. is there a way to tell? any help at all would be welcome

Morph
06-06-2007, 04:29 PM
i've always been bad at musical instruments.... i mean VERY bad. i couldn't even manage the recorder even after 2 years practicing back at school.
Good luck with the marching band.

They say practice makes perfect. It seems i'm the exception to the rule :)

KITKAT
06-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Violin... fiddle... guitar... and now rusty on the trombone!:o

Sputnik
06-07-2007, 05:58 AM
... just my own. ;)

drache
06-07-2007, 06:02 AM
i know someone who knows someone . . .

salzar
06-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Might I suggest some good books and listen to as much vintage big band music that you can , I play guitat, lead ... so the notes and frazing is more like scatting..
go on line and google how to play the trumpet.. it just might help. do you read music , or play by ear???
good luck
bye
michelle

garterman07
06-07-2007, 02:20 PM
yes, i can read music very well, i have also been playing the sax for the last 6 years but gotta learn the trumpet for marching, just cause i am a jr. in high school and wana change it up =)