PDA

View Full Version : I've been biten. I'm dying, DYING!!!!

i_heart_sneakie_snakes
05-19-2012, 01:57 PM
I have kept Garters for many years now. I got my first two way back in 2000. Those two were both wild caught and of my 3 current girls I have one wild caught. I have never been bitten, not even an attempted assault has happened :) Mothers day weekend I was at my friends house, looking for snakes. And YAY, I found one. I snatched him up and he did musk me, but not bad and he calmed right down. He was just barely into opaque phase. I put him into the snake bag I have and gave him some water. When we got home I set up a tank for him and got him out of the bag and that's when it happened... HE BIT ME!!!! Can you believe the nerve of that crazy boy??? Lol :) It was not as bad as I had always imagined. I know everyone says it doesn't really hurt, but you expect being bit by an animal to not feel great. He knawed on me a minute until I made him stop. I put him into the cage and he is still there now. He is really opaque right now. I will try and handle him again once he has shed. Silly boy. Here is my HUGE battle wound ;) 5208 And this is the little assaulter... 5209

guidofatherof5
05-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Well, it's about time. :D

chris-uk
05-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Everyone should have a war wound. :)

-MARWOLAETH-
05-19-2012, 02:26 PM
The cheeky little bugger...

mikem
05-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the club! :)

thamneil
05-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Now you are officially a snake keeper :) biting and pooping is typically seen as initiation to our wonderful world!

guidofatherof5
05-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Now you are officially a snake keeper :) biting and pooping is typically seen as initiation to our wonderful world!

It also transfers a large dose of mind control venom into the victim. This enhances their abilities.:D

i_heart_sneakie_snakes
05-19-2012, 07:36 PM
It also transfers a large dose of mind control venom into the victim. This enhances their abilities.:D
Come to think of it, I do have pinkies on the brain. Oh No!!! :eek:

kibakiba
05-19-2012, 10:57 PM
You should have seen Snappy bite when she was alive. She was probably half of the size of your little guy, but she had the strength of an aligator. I've been nipped by Snakey, bitten (and chewed on) by Mama, who was triple Snaps size)... Plus various others who liked to gnaw on me... Snaps bites hurt really bad. When she bit my lip part of my nose went a little numb for a while. I kind of miss her biting though.

katach
05-19-2012, 11:27 PM
I've never been bitten. I've only had 1 snake even open it's mouth at me while herping. Some day I guess. :D

kibakiba
05-19-2012, 11:38 PM
When you're able to come over, I'll let you hold Hades ;) He doesn't bite hard because he has an issue with his jaw and not too many teeth left... I rarely pick him up other than to make sure he's okay, or feeding time, though. I can tell he doesn't want me touching him most of the time.

katach
05-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Ok. It's a plan. I'll get my first bite next visit. :D

kibakiba
05-19-2012, 11:50 PM
It'll be a painless one, too! You probably would have even if we didn't plan it, since I was going to let you visit all of my babies... Hades included... Even if he is a brat. Lol.

katach
05-20-2012, 12:41 AM
:)

Mommy2many
05-21-2012, 06:33 PM
YEAH! You have joined the ranks! Like said before and above, until you have been bitten and musked, you have not been inducted into the Garter Snake Club, aka GSC from now on. Congratulations! And well documented. :)

thamneil
05-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Thats actually a pretty decent bite from a garter of that size now that I look back on it. You handled it well. Thank goodness you came out with all of your fingers...

InsanePirateDragon
05-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Well I haven't been bitten by my boys yet, but I've had poop in the hands from both of them.

My biter is actually my furious Leopard Gecko who will take a finger off.

i_heart_sneakie_snakes
05-21-2012, 10:07 PM
My biter is actually my furious Leopard Gecko who will take a finger off.

Yikes!! Now that's scary :eek:

thamneil
05-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Haha I love when an angry leopard gecko becomes "possessed" and starts screaming and doing head flips. Fortunately, both of mine are well tempered!

EasternGirl
05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
I have never had a bite that left real marks like that...so I'm not sure if I am a full member of the club or not! Cee Cee has bitten me...but she barely broke the skin. She just left what looked like a small scratch. Sammy may be the one to officially welcome me into the club though...he really wants to chomp on my hand...he has been giving it his best shot lately, but I have been too quick for him! :D