PDA

View Full Version : Other intrests

mark cope
04-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Probably been done already, But what are your other interests,hobbies
Mine are on-line gaming on the XBOX 360.....gamer tag copey1975 BF3 is the current flavor of the month.
My other hobby is building scale plastic models
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/copey_2006/Big%20Hornet/PA290004.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/copey_2006/Big%20Hornet/PA290003.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/copey_2006/Big%20Superbug/P6130011.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/copey_2006/Big%20Superbug/P6130005.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/copey_2006/Bombcat/PC030020.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/copey_2006/Bombcat/PC030015-1.jpg

So there you go....I've shown you mine ...now you show me yours

Mark

EasternGirl
04-19-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't have any other interests. I live in a pit of garter snakes. Just kidding. Nice models, Mark. I used to really be into larping...which is Live Action Role Play...it's like gaming meets theatre. I belong to a local group that does that, but I haven't played in a while. I still have a character in an active game though. I also used to be into World of Warcraft...but I haven't played that in a while either. Lately, I am really into baseball with my son...he plays on a league and I am a baseball mom, I guess you could say. I also get really involved with his swim team in the summer.

mark cope
04-19-2012, 03:07 PM
world of warcraft ...never played it ,but my nephew tried to download it.........took about 4 hours and when it got to 97% he ran out of hardrive space, he was gutted to say the least:)

EasternGirl
04-19-2012, 03:19 PM
That's a shame. Does he have an older computer? I couldn't put it on my older computer until I had someone increase my memory. Also I bought the discs...I don't know anything about downloading it...I thought you had to actually purchase the game...and then download the stuff on the website to go with it. It does take hours to download all of the patches and stuff that are required to play. I have a new computer now so I will have to install it all over again if I want to start playing again...or just play on my laptop. There are so many updates to the game since I have played that it would probably take a day to download all of the updates. If your nephew wants to get it set up...it's best for him to find someone who knows how to do it to help. That's what I had to do.

mark cope
04-19-2012, 04:02 PM
That's a shame. Does he have an older computer? I couldn't put it on my older computer until I had someone increase my memory. Also I bought the discs...I don't know anything about downloading it...I thought you had to actually purchase the game...and then download the stuff on the website to go with it. It does take hours to download all of the patches and stuff that are required to play. I have a new computer now so I will have to install it all over again if I want to start playing again...or just play on my laptop. There are so many updates to the game since I have played that it would probably take a day to download all of the updates. If your nephew wants to get it set up...it's best for him to find someone who knows how to do it to help. That's what I had to do.

he doesn't play pc games now that i converted him to XBOX now he passes the time makin me look like a novice when we play:)

Invisible Snake
04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
I play MW3 but on the ps3.

EasternGirl
04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
My son plays XBox and Wii and Nintendo DS...he's into all that stuff.

mark cope
04-19-2012, 04:33 PM
My son plays XBox and Wii and Nintendo DS...he's into all that stuff.

my oldest is right into skylanders on the wii at the moment

EasternGirl
04-19-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't know what Skylanders is...is that good?

mark cope
04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't know what Skylanders is...is that good?
my oldest is 13 it's pretty popular with him and his mates......but ther again I don't get pokamon

kibakiba
04-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Kyle said skylanders is pretty fun. I got to watch him play it once. It's kind of a kiddy game though.

I do a lot of gaming... and crocheting. I would like to knit but my head is way too derpy for that. Haha.

katach
04-19-2012, 05:37 PM
I like photography, hiking, baking, playing fable on xbox360, and knitting.

ssssnakeluvr
04-19-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't play a lot of video games, just occasionally. I do a little coin collecting and have done tattooing off and on for a few years.

EasternGirl
04-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Oh...tattooing...I want to get a tattoo of Cee Cee...been meaning to talk to Chantel about drawing something for me. I would like to do tattooing...but since I can't really draw, I don't think anyone really wants me to tattoo them. Funny, Mark...I was just yelling at my son to put down his pokeman cards and listen to me. Lol....

Light of Dae
04-19-2012, 08:49 PM
I used to game few years back... Don't really care to now, too much on the go. But it's all good, now I Garter Forum, work with my horse, drive my fun awesome car, slowly fixing up n planing to restore my fun awesome little car... It's a 1985 Toyota MR2... not Mister two but M R 2. .. but it is a love of mine... I also make snake rocks n hides.

mark cope
04-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Kyle said skylanders is pretty fun. I got to watch him play it once. It's kind of a kiddy game though.

I do a lot of gaming... and crocheting. I would like to knit but my head is way too derpy for that. Haha.

I like photography, hiking, baking, playing fable on xbox360, and knitting.

my mum does knitting .....always making cardigans for my daughter

infernalis
04-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Building web sites, spending time with my family and observing my animals.

EasternGirl
04-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I've been looking into geocaching. It seems like it would be fun...although some of the caches are pretty far away from my house and I want to do it with my son. We can technically drive to the caches...but I think the point is to be outdoors. I'm not biking 20 miles to find a cache.

mark cope
04-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I've been looking into geocaching. It seems like it would be fun...although some of the caches are pretty far away from my house and I want to do it with my son. We can technically drive to the caches...but I think the point is to be outdoors. I'm not biking 20 miles to find a cache.

Never heard of geocaching..........what does it involve??

guidofatherof5
04-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Never heard of geocaching..........what does it involve??

Geocaching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching)

Selkielass
04-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site (http://www.geocaching.com/)

I geocache- mostly local stuff within a pleasant walking distance of where I live.
Geocaching is like treasure hunting, using GPS coordinates and sometimes clues and puzzles placed by the cache owner on the caches download page.

Sometimes there is literally a treasure box hidden near the coordinates. (Little toys and stuff- if you take a treasure you are supposed to leave a treasure.) Sometimes it is just a logbook you find and sign with your username and date found.

Urban caches can be very challenging- I have found log books hidden inside a tiny capsule resembling a nut and bolt attached by magnet to a sign, fencepost or piece of architecture.

Geocaching has led me to many hidden little garter habitats in my area that I'd never have otherwise known were there.

I am selkielass over at geocaching.com also.

I keep honeybees, sew, weave and spin. I occasionally participate in events of the Society for Creative Anachronisms where I am known as Mistress Elen Greenhand.

mark cope
04-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Sounds like fun
wonder if they do it over here?

chris-uk
04-20-2012, 01:45 PM
My mum has done some geocaching with my nieces, so yes its done over here.

During the winter I play field hockey. I used to game a lot more, but haven't taken it too seriously since I helped run a BF2 clan (we did BF2142 and some mods for a bit too before the game petered out). Most of the games I've played recently have been on the Wii (Zelda, Red Steel, House of the Dead, Goldeneye) but nothing to rival the glory days of BF2. I find nowadays that when I spend long days in the home office working I really don't want to stay there in the evening with the gaming rig.

EasternGirl
04-20-2012, 02:14 PM
My neighbor and her kids were doing the geocaching thing...I thought it sounded like fun...something my son and I could do together that would be active and involve getting out into nature and exploring. I hear that some of the caches can be really tough to find though. There is one close to my house in our park down the street, and my neighbor told me that you have to climb into a bamboo forest on this trail to get to it. I'm probably going to give it a try though...so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

mark cope
04-21-2012, 05:57 AM
My mum has done some geocaching with my nieces, so yes its done over here.

During the winter I play field hockey. I used to game a lot more, but haven't taken it too seriously since I helped run a BF2 clan (we did BF2142 and some mods for a bit too before the game petered out). Most of the games I've played recently have been on the Wii (Zelda, Red Steel, House of the Dead, Goldeneye) but nothing to rival the glory days of BF2. I find nowadays that when I spend long days in the home office working I really don't want to stay there in the evening with the gaming rig.

I played the first red steel, but the Wii is in my sons room now,bad enough fighting who's turn it is on the XBOX:)

katach
04-24-2012, 05:28 PM
my mum does knitting .....always making cardigans for my daughter

I make scarves, hats, and blankets.

guidofatherof5
04-24-2012, 05:54 PM
"I collect spores, molds, and fungus" :D

kibakiba
04-24-2012, 08:45 PM
We already knew you did, Steve... :D

guidofatherof5
04-24-2012, 08:59 PM
"I collect spores, molds, and fungus" :D

Listen... do you smell something? :D

Didymus20X6
04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
CONGLATURATION !!!

You prooved the justice
of our culture.

Now go and
rest our heroes !

BlakeTheSnake
04-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Geocaching is awesome! I just started doing it last summer and i cant wait to start again this summer. Its an awesome way to explore and find some cool herps :) oh and add me on Xbox live anyone. My gamertag is Rawstah. I usually play mw3

mikem
04-24-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm into pc gaming, though I haven't done much of it lately. Going to be playing Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 a lot this summer. Three weeks til Diablo 3 is released... I'm counting down the days. :cool:

-MARWOLAETH-
04-25-2012, 01:06 PM
I like to play xbox,search for inverts in the garden ,build model aircraft,play guitar and bass guitar,listen to thrash metal ,reading, looking after my pathetic collection of a crested geko and a 15 year old gold fish ,obviously garter snakesand finally wasting fast amounts of time on youtube :)

angrygamer
04-26-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm into pc gaming, though I haven't done much of it lately. Going to be playing Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 a lot this summer. Three weeks til Diablo 3 is released... I'm counting down the days. :cool:

I used to be into PC gaming a lot up until a couple of years ago when other priorities took over my life. When I DO buy a game though, I like to buy a multiplayer title and play it non - stop for the next year or so. The last two games were Unreal Tournament 2004 and Call of Duty 4. Don't get me wrong, I buy other games but those were the last two games that I played A LOT of...CoD4 I played for nearly a year until I finally got burned out.

I have other hobbies, up until about ten years ago I used to do a lot of other stuff...but I got bludgeoned with a shotgun while I was delivering a pizza during an attempted robbery and I sustained a pretty nasty head injury from it...I was just getting into scuba diving and I used to sail a lot, I can't really scuba dive anymore and I don't sail that often - which is why I resorted to video games as a hobby.

gregmonsta
04-26-2012, 04:33 AM
I fill my time with lots of stuff :rolleyes:, but the most prominent 'hobby' is my band I guess. Then there's also battle re-enactment, travelling, reading, fishing, watching movies, exploring the Scottish scenery and anything else that catches my fancy.
I play Xbox and PC games on occaision. I'm currently a Gears of War 3 addict, playing in the Horde multiplayer lobbies. My PC is reserved for retro-gaming - anything from relatively modern games like the Dawn of War series to AVP2 to my Sega/Nintendo/Arcade emulators. All good fun when connected to my 50" TV :D

mark cope
04-26-2012, 05:11 AM
Those if you on Xbox post up your gamertags.:)

gregmonsta
04-26-2012, 05:21 AM
Gamertag - MYUSS :rolleyes:

Eight
04-26-2012, 05:51 AM
Most of my interests revolve around animal keeping and photography. I do game but only occasionally now or more if something good comes out. All of my other time is filled with work.

Eight
04-26-2012, 05:52 AM
ElapidStrike - my xbox live gamertag

Stefan-A
04-26-2012, 06:41 AM
I sell propane and propane accessories.

-MARWOLAETH-
04-26-2012, 06:56 AM
xbox Gamer tag-LAMBENTxNERD

EasternGirl
04-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Travis...I had no idea that was what happened. I knew you said you had a head injury. That is horrible. I am sorry that happened to you. Greg...I would love it if you would post some pics of Scottish scenery in the Nature Photo thread...I love seeing pics of Scotland...and if you could post a pic of some of those Highland cows....it's weird, but I have this thing about those cows...I always have Scottish friends or anyone visiting Scotland take pics of those cows...I have a thing for cows. I even have a cow tattoo on my ankle. Lol... Oh...and I forgot to mention photography...this forum has definitely gotten me interested in photography...one of my hobbies now is taking pics of my snakes and nature photos...trying to work on getting better at that...interested in taking a photography class in the future.

Eight
04-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Just get yourself a couple of camera magazines (some magazine companies print larger mags that have loads of tips and tutorials). Maybe get yourself a cheap second hand DSLR to play with. Any camera that you can set the shutter speed and Fstops will do though. I started with a Canon 400D. Was a good camera.

BlakeTheSnake
04-26-2012, 11:11 AM
gamertag - Rawstah

EasternGirl
04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Well, I actually thought it might be fun to take a class. Canon 400D huh? I guy I met told me that the local camera shop in my town often sells second hand cameras for decent prices that work well to start out with. I may go down there when I get some money and look around.