PDA

View Full Version : My Return to Garter Snakes

TomM
04-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Hello all! I doubt any of you remember me; I haven't been on the site in about 10 months and was barely active while I was here. Well, I am happy to announce my return to Thamnophis. I have a new baby Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis. I am naming him after my first garter (which I ended up releasing back into the wild where I had found him after he grew a little and shed twice). His name shall be Salisbury Snake, II. He is even smaller than the first one. Anyways, without further ado, here is Salibury Snake 2.0 (getting ready for a shed):

http://i.imgur.com/RJYDl.jpg

Selkielass
04-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Welcome back!
Aww, such a cutie- looks like he may have some nice vivid yellows under that worn out skin.

guidofatherof5
04-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Who could forget a snake named Salisbury Steak.
Nice to have you back.
Good looking little scrub.
Looking really dry. Might need a shed box when the time comes.

TomM
04-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Looking really dry. Might need a shed box when the time comes.

Just added tupperware last night with some warm water so he can fully submerge himself if needed. Can't wait to see what he really looks like under that old skin. How's everything on the Radix Ranch?

guidofatherof5
04-13-2012, 03:26 PM
We are all doing well. Always a lot going on.
Thanks for asking.;)

EasternGirl
04-13-2012, 07:29 PM
What a little cutie! Love that name... Welcome back.

mikem
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Welcome back! Can't wait to see it post shed :)

TomM
04-13-2012, 09:24 PM
What a little cutie! Love that name... Welcome back.

Thanks! You wouldn't happen to know any good places in Delaware to go herping/snake hunting, would you? I'll actually be moving to my apartment in Wilmington tomorrow (although I don't think I'll be fully moved in 'til the next week).

TomM
04-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Welcome back! Can't wait to see it post shed :)

Me neither! Very exciting! (hence all of the exclamation marks)

gregmonsta
04-14-2012, 03:15 AM
Pretty little steak ... ahem ... snake :D

EasternGirl
04-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Tom...I don't..but I am getting ready to look. I tried contacting herp socieities around here...none are active at this point. I know of some places that I used to hike and those places would probably be the best places. I think that White Clay Creek down here in Newark is probably a great place and Brandywine Creek would also be a great place if I could find some good trails. Send me a PM and we can exchange info. I would love to have a fellow garter lover to go herping with around here! Your timing is perfect...I'm recovering from surgery but should be ready to go out herping about the time you are settled in!

TomM
04-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Pretty little steak ... ahem ... snake :D

Thanks! He's quite deliciou..:eek:...I mean...quite the looker!

Tom...I don't..but I am getting ready to look. I tried contacting herp socieities around here...none are active at this point. I know of some places that I used to hike and those places would probably be the best places. I think that White Clay Creek down here in Newark is probably a great place and Brandywine Creek would also be a great place if I could find some good trails. Send me a PM and we can exchange info. I would love to have a fellow garter lover to go herping with around here! Your timing is perfect...I'm recovering from surgery but should be ready to go out herping about the time you are settled in!

Sending info now.

katach
04-15-2012, 03:03 AM
Welcome back Tom! Your new one is adorable!

TomM
04-15-2012, 03:20 PM
He shed last night! HOORAY!!!!! Here's his new look:

http://i.imgur.com/GHFOR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tSXi7.jpg

guidofatherof5
04-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Looking good.

EasternGirl
04-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Wow...nice. He looks so much like my Seeley. 4740