PDA

View Full Version : Iphone app

johnc79@hotmail.com
02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi

Any plans for a forum iphone app for this site or to make it compatable with tapatalk. Its quite handy using forums on that tapatalk app. Just an idea anyway.:)

John

katach
02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I talked to Boots about this already and he said not yet. I would love an android app.

chris-uk
02-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi

Any plans for a forum iphone app for this site or to make it compatable with tapatalk. Its quite handy using forums on that tapatalk app. Just an idea anyway.:)

John

I actually find it works really well with my phone, although I'm on an Android (HTC Sensation) rather than an iPhone. Photo uploads and cut/paste are the only things I struggle with a bit on the phone. I did try Tapatalk a couple of years ago and wasn't that impressed, although I'm sure it's more functional now than it was back then.
Surfing forums is definitely something that is a good use of a smartphone.

EasternGirl
02-27-2012, 05:19 PM
I hate doing stuff on my phone...texting is just such a pain. I only use my phone for forums and facebook if I absolutely have to. I think it is just the touch phone texting on my phone...I need to get another phone that has a qwerty keyboard too. What is Tapatalk? Is that a UK thing?

chris-uk
02-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Tapatalk is a forum plugin that needs to be enabled on the site, then there's an iPhone and Android app which takes allows you to read/post on a forum outside the phone's browser. It cuts down a lot of the graphics and sizes things for the phone.
As I said, I find that the web browser on my phone works nicely. I do have to use the screen landscape, but that's not a big deal. Bear in mind the resolution of my screen is 540x960 which makes browsing much, much easier (the first PCs I remember using had displays of 640x480, you've got to love the march of mobile technology).

RedSidedSPR
02-27-2012, 08:58 PM
YESSSSSSSSSS

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES HELL FREAKING YES

._.

Yeah...

I would loooooove and iPhone app or compatibility to tapatalk. I never get the computer. It's so frustrating using this site with the iPod's Safari. I don't come on it much because of it.

guidofatherof5
02-27-2012, 09:12 PM
My laptop is in the shop so yesterday I used an iPod touch. No fun at all.

RedSidedSPR
02-27-2012, 09:17 PM
No. No it is not.

I have to use it 95% of the time. I'm dying for an app or compatibility xDxD

EasternGirl
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
If I used my phone to come on here you guys would ban me from the site...my spelling and typos would be unreal...not to mention it would take me three years to type out one sentence. I never use my laptop...I prefer my PC...now, I am going to get a new laptop this summer and then I will probably use that more. Maybe I will go back to my blackberry at some point...I seemed to do better texting on that then I do on my android.

chris-uk
02-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Marnie if you struggle with typing on your Android try a different keyboard - Swiftkey X, I've used it since it was a beta app and it's predictive text is incredible. It actually learns what you tend to type after certain words, so sometimes it's predictions are spooky. It's worth the couple of quid to download.

katach
02-28-2012, 02:08 AM
I use the swype keyboard. You put your finger on the first letter and drag over the rest off the letters you want and it figures out what you want to say. It's great! You should be able to switch your keyboard to it.

chris-uk
02-28-2012, 03:37 AM
I never got on with Swype, or the swype-style keyboards, but I know several people who use them and are very happy with them.

PINJOHN
02-28-2012, 04:15 AM
If I used my phone to come on here you guys would ban me from the site...my typos would be unreal...not to mention it would take me three years to type out one sentence.
Welcome to my world ........and the rest of this thread might well be conducted in the earlier form of the bushman dialect for all i can comprehend :confused:

chris-uk
02-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Welcome to my world ........and the rest of this thread might well be conducted in the earlier form of the bushman dialect for all i can comprehend :confused:

When I saw you as the last poster on this thread I imagined you were asking what an iPhone was. :eek:

PINJOHN
02-28-2012, 06:20 AM
When I saw you as the last poster on this thread I imagined you were asking what an iPhone was. :eek:
you just don't know how close i came. :o:o

EasternGirl
02-28-2012, 06:57 AM
I try those swype things and they just confuse me more. I feel like my mother right now...ugh.

See...now John makes it so that I don't feel so old and out of touch with technology. When did I become the old person? A few years ago, I was out partying all night. I just am so terrible at texting. I sit in school with all these 20 year olds...typing with their thumbs at the rate of 20 words a second, taking notes on their laptops...and I am sitting there, trying to see the board with my bifocals...people want to text me all the time and I'm like..."Oh for the love of...can't anyone just pick up the bloody phone and call anyone anymore?!?"... People make videos on here that are all high-tech and I can't even get my camera to take pictures that look decent! I just bought my first flatscreen t.v., but it doesn't look right because it doesn't have HD! I'm having a meltdown...John....Help!

PINJOHN
02-28-2012, 08:41 AM
I try those swype things and they just confuse me more. I feel like my mother right now...ugh.

See...now John makes it so that I don't feel so old and out of touch with technology. When did I become the old person? A few years ago, I was out partying all night. I just am so terrible at texting. I sit in school with all these 20 year olds...typing with their thumbs at the rate of 20 words a second, taking notes on their laptops...and I am sitting there, trying to see the board with my bifocals...people want to text me all the time and I'm like..."Oh for the love of...can't anyone just pick up the bloody phone and call anyone anymore?!?"... People make videos on here that are all high-tech and I can't even get my camera to take pictures that look decent! I just bought my first flatscreen t.v., but it doesn't look right because it doesn't have HD! I'm having a meltdown...John....Help!
honest Marnie i'm no help at all i just heard some kids asking each other how many byte's they had and i thought there was a mosquito problem

PINJOHN
02-28-2012, 03:31 PM

major announcement
being sat at this computer today without even the strength to reach my sick bed i have made a discovery with no help whatsoever from the outside world....if one clicks on the whats new tab instead of the home tab then it makes it so much easier to track down posts you have missed.... yeeees ....one giant step...in your face Neil Armstrong i take myself off to bed now with the fervent wish that i dream of politicians and bankers so i can pass on this vile disease for which i am presently providing a home

Stefan-A
02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
major announcement
being sat at this computer today without even the strength to reach my sick bed i have made a discovery with no help whatsoever from the outside world....if one clicks on the whats new tab instead of the home tab then it makes it so much easier to track down posts you have missed.... yeeees ....one giant step...in your face Neil Armstrong i take myself off to bed now with the fervent wish that i dream of politicians and bankers so i can pass on this vile disease for which i am presently providing a home
I liked the old system better, when it also said how many posts were unread.

RedSidedSPR
02-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Well damn. I'm sure your glad to know that o_o

Me too. When we updated that was the one thing I missed instantly.

tress29
02-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm on a forum that doesn't let you jump to the first unread post. What a PITA!

BTW, When I was tablet/laptop shopping, I opened this site on each screen to compare resolution, color etc!

guidofatherof5
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm on a forum that doesn't let you jump to the first unread post. What a PITA!

BTW, When I was tablet/laptop shopping, I opened this site on each screen to compare resolution, color etc!

Sweet.

Natrix
03-09-2012, 05:02 PM

Marnie, I know the feeling. I got one of those 'Hi-tec' android smart phones, touch screen. for ever mis-texting words:rolleyes: Have spent 18mths without TV or radio, Just my PC. my internet connection is sooo slooooow (127kbps) that i can't even watch TV on my PC. And they say technology makes life easier:confused:;)

EasternGirl
03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah...seriously. Every time we make an advancement in technology, I find I am apparently more ignorant and incapable....and uncool. In response to the other posts, when I go to the home tab, my screen highlights threads in which new posts have been made...so I always know when there is a new post. Other people's pages don't do that?

Natrix
03-09-2012, 05:46 PM
What about a smart phone app that is a photographic Thamnophis ID Field guide? Maybe one of the wizkids could develope one?

guidofatherof5
03-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Whizkids or old goober:D

kibakiba
03-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Well the old forum told you how many posts were unread, this one just shows the unread ones. Sometimes there are more than it can show on the homepage though.

EasternGirl
03-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Ahhh...as long as I can see when someone makes a new post, I'm good.