PDA

View Full Version : Returned to blue eyes !

GarterGuy17
02-27-2012, 07:32 AM
I just got back from Alabama sadly I saw no snakes at all until I went to a pet shop saw some ribbon snakes and king snakes there but not what I wanted to see.Other than that it was good.

When I got home at 2 am earlier today the first thing I did was look for Jade she was burrowed as always but she is approaching another shed I think she is coming out out blue phase. Isn't this a lot of shed this is her second in less than a month.

On another note I brought back some worms from Walmart " Canadian Night crawlers" which was all they had I didnt know if it was safe but then I read DMF Bait Co. I remembered Steve telling me about this company so i'm guessing the worms are safe. although now its either two things 1. she doesnt eat while in blue phase. Or 2. She doesnt eat worms and I need to "Train" her to do that to. When I got her she was only eating pinkys so I think ill have to mix in the fish and pinkys that she eats to worms and see what happens. All in all she is okay jusy I think she is very hungry :)

aquamentus_11
02-27-2012, 07:41 AM
i found that mine only eats worms that are ~1" long at the very least. the more they writhe, the better :evil:

guidofatherof5
02-27-2012, 07:43 AM
When in a growth spurt frequent shedding can happen.
Seen it in many of my young snakes.
Good food + frequent feeding + young snake = many shed cycles.

GarterGuy17
02-27-2012, 07:48 AM
I see what you mean , I feed every 2 days and when i got back she felt like she weighed me and like if she was bigger :) So happy shes growing so well.

chris-uk
02-27-2012, 08:02 AM
We've had a one of our checkered go just 17 days between sheds, I think 2 a month is unusual but not a problem.

EasternGirl
02-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey John! Glad you're back! Hope you had a nice time with your brother. How was Lucky? I bet you were so excited to see Jade. Mike is trying to get people together to go to a herp show in PA in June...it' about an hour and a half from here, towards you. We should try to figure out a way to get you there...maybe you could take a bus. Mike's going, I'm going...we're trying to get some other people to go. There is a thread on it somewhere...

mikem
02-29-2012, 03:27 PM
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/garter-snake-lounge/10024-hamburg-reptile-show-june-9th-2012-lets-go.html

EasternGirl
03-01-2012, 05:42 AM
John...you came back and then you haven't been on the forum...where did you go??

GarterGuy17
03-06-2012, 05:12 PM
John...you came back and then you haven't been on the forum...where did you go??

I didnt see this , but I was just catching up on things I missed while I was away thats all.Glad to be back on though I miss it here :)

guidofatherof5
03-06-2012, 05:16 PM
And we missed you.